View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 11:01 AM   #58
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Week 9:

Good week for the sponsored teams! (With the exception of everyone's favorite Treefrogs )

We really got worked over by the division leading Oranges. After fixing a couple things in the deep zone AI, our defense was actually pretty decent. We'd get them to 3rd down often, but couldn't quite close it out. The real problem was that every time I called an aggressive blitz, the Oranges went to a quick read and burned me for a long TD.

If we stayed conservative on defense, I bet we could have played them pretty close. I need to start trusting my d-line, and not blitz against good QBs. I just don't have the secondary to handle it.

On offense, I'm starting to get a reasonable passing game going. It's still too unreliable to count on, but I can sometimes catch the defense playing the run. I think the screen pass is going to be a pretty good weapon eventually.

It's a little funny how the swing pass was such a dominant weapon in the first 2 exhibitions seasons. It bordered on unstoppable. Now when I run it, I rarely get more than 2 yards. I've pretty much abandoned it completely. Not sure if it's the players or the defensive AI adjustments. We'll keep an eye on it, though.
Attached Images
File Type: png week9.png (59.5 KB, 71 views)