View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #94
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Treefrogs FA recap:

We went into FA with only 5 players on the team. (all other teams had 6) That allowed us to sign one more FA than everyone else. Now, I'm not so sure that dropping CB Michel was worth it. :\

We grabbed a much more legit QB option in Moody. He also has a little ST ability, which I really need. Moody won't light it up in the downfield passing game, and can't do much else, but he'll be good enough for my screen offense.

Cerda and Russo round out my OL. On my offense, OL is the most prized position so I invest a more there than most teams. I lost out on a few bidding wars for 2-way OL players so I got a little desperate for Russo. He was asking for $11 and I ended up paying $20. At least I was able to get him down to a 1-year contract. At least $2 of his contract was to convince him to take fewer years. (he wanted 3)

I love the Crossley signing. He doesn't have great speed, but he can play LB or CB. This is going to give me options as I transition to the Ogre package. (3DL/2LB/2CB/1S)

Muse is a pretty good signing too. He's going to be locked in as my #1 CB. (ouch!) He's going to get torched against the other teams' #1 WR. Poor guy.
Attached Images
File Type: png treefrogs.png (238.6 KB, 20 views)