View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #23
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I opened a bank account with b of a which turned out to have over 150 dollars worth of monthly fees that were not documented anywhere. I don't think that was my fault.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying two things:

#1 - I have been lucky. I haven't been screwed by either of my 2 banks (1 past, 1 present) at any point.

#2 - Almost every single time anyone has ever bitched to me about some problem with their bank, when you get them to give you the whole story, it's clearly their fault. I'd say this is about 95% of the time. Most problems revolve around people not being able to comprehend deposits not being available immediately. This includes when I worked at a bank. Most people just simply cannot understand how things work, regardless of how many times it's been explained to them.

Yes, I do understand banks fuck up though, and from what I've heard Bank of America has a reputation as possibly the worst major bank out there right now. The head of Commerce Bank cited them as the place most their new customers were coming from.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote