View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #71
StLee
High School Varsity

Part One: Jeremy Naquin, the linebacker

Jeremy’s Journal
November 1, 2027

It’s the second quarter. Dublin QB Theiss is going back for a pass. I’m in a zone coverage playing underneath the safeties. Dublin’s QB cocks back and I start running up on the WR on the curl. I cut underneath the pass and pull it into my body with nobody in front of me. TOUCHDOWN!!!! I got a mofoing TOUCHDOWN!!!!! I finally got my first forced turnover, and I added my first six points as a pro, too!

The final score was 30-27, as we won it in OT yet again, but my play put us up 21-14 at the half. Bernie Wyden hit two clutch field goals in the fourth and then the game-winner in OT.

My final stats outside the INT weren’t great, but here are the other plays I was in on besides my 27-yard INT return.

1-10-DUB27 (2Q: 02:02) Larry Kinney ran inside the left tackle for -1 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. PENALTY: Dublin was called for Illegal Use of the Hands.

I made a great play here. However, a Dublin penalty erased my tackle behind the line of scrimmage.

3-5-DUB36 (3Q: 13:23) Teddy Thiess pass completed to RB Scottie Steude for 8 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DE Ian Praw. Steude gained 7 yards after the catch.

The RB Steude was my assignment, but I was a little slow out of the block, allowing him to catch the ball in stride. Praw was in the flat in a zone blitz on the play, and he helped me take down the RB.

3-5-AUC39 (3Q: 09:53) Teddy Thiesss pass completed to WR Nate Lindsay for 9 yards. Tackled by S Vince Rose, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Lindsay gained 6 yards after the catch. The quarterback threw into double coverage.

I was below and Rose up top on the WR, but Thiess zipped it between both of us for the completion.

1-5-AUC05 (3Q: 06:28) Rex Riley ran inside the left tackle for 3 yards. Tackled by DT Duane Freeman, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Dub had 1st and goal on us in what was about to become a 21-21 game. They ran it right up the middle, and Duane and I both just hit him. Riley is a tough load, though, at about 225 pounds, so he got a few yards on first down. The next play, their vet RB scampered around the strong side for the TD.

1-10-DUB23 (OT: 12:01) Teddy Thiess pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Amos Caruthers. OLB Jeremy Naquin hurried the quarterback into a bad throw.

On this play, I was playing zone coverage, but my zone was bare. Thiess couldn’t find anyone to throw it to, so I saw him leave the pocket, and I sprinted right at him. He then tried to force it for a WR, but no one could get to it. On the next play, A.J. picked off his second pass of the game and then we drove down for the game-winning FG.

Officially, I finished with one tackle, two assists, a QB hurry, and the pick six. Also, I was interviewed after the game for the first time this season. I was wondering if that would ever happen! If I find the story, I’ll link to it. Or if any of you can find it, let me know!

We also got some bad news. Eric Grabowski at the Sam broke his leg and will be put on IR. I guess that means we’ll make another roster move some time this week. No word yet, though.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote