View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 02:10 AM   #91
StLee
High School Varsity

Part One: Jeremy Naquin, the linebacker

Jeremy’s Journal
December 30, 2027

In two days, I will be playing in a playoff game again. But these playoffs are on a much bigger stage than the Division B playoffs. Yes, sir, these are the WSAFL playoffs, and I’m pumped!!!

Our game is one of the Saturday games, which will be January 1. The other is a WHFC game between 6th seeded Edmonton and 3rd seeded Columbus. I didn’t post it, but here are the WHFC standings:

1. Vancouver 14-2
2. Baton Rouge 14-2
3. Columbus 9-7
4. Portland 9-7
5. Oklahoma City 8-8
6. Edmonton 8-8

The WHFC was definitely more of a pushover than the EHFC since the WHFC got two 8-8 teams in as wildcards, whereas the EHFC had three teams over .500 that missed the playoffs (Athens, Tokyo, and Melbourne).

For our game, let me preview and show some stats. I have some time today, so I’ll post a few things.

For our team, on offense we finished 22nd in rushing, 4th in passing, and 8th in total yards and points. Pete had 4133 yards passing on the season for 23 TDs and 14 INTs. Will Wilkerson was our leading rusher with 917 yards and 6 TDs. Our rookie Mullin was second for 401 yards and a TD. We had two WRs over 1000 yards. Jarvis had 102 catches for 1390 yards and 10 TDs (probably going to be on an All-Pro team) and Ellison had 91 catches for 1013 yards and 4 TDs.

On defense, we finished 26th against the run, 5th against the pass, 14th in total defense, and 25th in points allowed (keep in mind some of those points were given up by our offense). We were pretty bad in forcing turnovers, with 23 on the season to make us 29th in forced turnovers and -5 in the turnover ratio (tied for 21st). We need to be much better in the playoffs in turnover margin if we want to make a Power Bowl run.

I finished third on the team with 78 total tackles (58 tackles and 20 assists). Two DBs finished better than me: Rose (91 total tackles) and Morton (87 total tackles). Flowers, a DE, was our leader in sacks with 7. Morton was our INT leader with 7. I led the team with 3 forced fumbles and tied a bunch of guys for first with 2 fumble recoveries.

So we play Seoul this week, and they handled us easily earlier in the year, 34-17. On offense, they finished 31st in rushing, 2nd in passing, 4th in total offense, and tied for 5th in points per game. They only turned the ball over 17 times all year to rank at the top in the WSAFL.

Their QB is Norbert Torrence who threw for 4511 yards, 19 TDs, and 8 INTs. Their 1-2 punch at RB was Wiggins (596 yards rushing and 6 TDs) and Kernbach (524 yards and 6 TDs). Lance Joyner was their top WR with 120 catches for 1324 yards and 4 TDs.

On defense, the Reapers finished 8th in rushing, last in passing, 28th in total defense, and 17th in points. They forced 31 turnovers, which put them at +14 on the year to tie them for 2nd in turnover margin.

Pete Lyons, their MLB, led their team with 126 total tackles, 3 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries. A DT, Malewitz, led Seoul with 6.5 sacks. Ben Barton, a CB, had 8 INTs.

This week, the Seoul Reapers (12-4) at the Auckland Penguins (11-5). May the best team win!

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote