View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 02:07 AM   #122
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated position breakdown:
QB - Sr Jack Burford has skills, but his 36 durability is like a giant KICK ME sign. I would really like Harold Edwards to take this job but his 1.7 GPA is also a problem. I'm reluctant to redshirt our freshman QB because he already is showing morale issues.

HB - Terrific 1/2 punch, but Derrick's grades are crap right now (1.7) after a summer of partying. I suspect this will derail Derricks season and put Dawson in the starting role.

FB - Morris holds off newcomer Toomer. We now have decent depth here. Morris has 2.08 GPA.

WR - Brewer and Jackson are the starters, with Voight coming on to take slot receiver job away from Stablein. Brewer again likely to miss time with his 1.72 GPA.

TE - Fortunado takes the job, doesn't look back.

OT - Sick depth, all have high potential and decent skill right now. All have at least 2.43 GPA.

OG - McAddley jumps into starting lineup. Depth still an issue at this position.

C - Moore clear-cut starter, with Knight providing some depth.

DE - Smith got stupid over summer (1.79 GPA). Grades are major issue throughout this position. With everyone eligible, depth still an issue.

DT - Freshmen Burford and Farmer are two best at the position. With the two highest GPAs - we need to keep recruiting here so we can dump vets next year.

ILB - McCullough holds down starting job. Wilson is pushed by Bruschi, and his own academic issues (1.92).

OLB - Good depth, but no stars. Wilcox, Swilling, and Kyle in dead heat. All should maintain grades.

CB - Three most talented players are freshmen. So I'll be cutting some old guys. McCallister has 1.96 GPA, so some issues there. Jackson also has some return ability.

S - Simms came in and took SS job, which is great. But he now has 1.9 GPA, which isn't great. Perhaps some cuts to issue here as well ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote