View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #136
hoopsguy
General Manager

Up, up and away in the polls. #17 media, #16 coaches. Guess they didn't watch the offense operate on 3rd down or in the red zone ...

We have the #4 offense and #4 defense at the moment. Both rankings will fall, I'm sure.

Academic issues/suspensions:
Out for now - QB Harold Edwards and two stiffs - CB Cliff Ledyard and DE Phil Patten

Good to see that all the guys I've brought in the last two years aren't on this list. I'm trying to correct our crappy academics, but even guys I'm bringing in are struggling. If we win some games I'll be able to put more finances behind the effort rather than using recruiting as a filter (generally not chasing lower than 2.3 unless Top 25 or major need).

We dump hours on Edwards (need him to back up our fragile QB Burford) and CB J.R. Jackson to help them avoid future suspensions.

Injuries:
QB Burford isn't ready to go, so we'll be playing a 3rd stringer against Air Force.

WR Gary Brewer has knee inflammation and will miss next week as well.

WR Bill Stablein has a stress fracture - elbow. Nasty, and he is out for a few weeks.

OT Lonie Smith - slipped disk in his back. May take a look at removing the redshirt from English.

Both of our DTs need more time to recover. Brutal game for injuries last week.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote