View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Edit: I found past award history including from many years in the past. But, I still am going to write this dynasty as I enjoy recapping stories.

Our first season under Doug Collins we went 30-52 and got ourselves the #12 pick. We traded away PF Doug Brackins and the #12 pick to move up 6 spots to get a beast of a PF who I had fallen in love with during the workouts and he has really made our team so much better defensively and on the boards. The only player I lost who I regret after the 1st year was Spencer Hawes. I loved his outside shooting, but he was unhappy splitting time with Mareese Speights who had a higher upside in my opinion.

We are playing very good basketball with 5 of our losses coming during a stretch where Evan Turner was hurt. Still, we are 15-6, good for first in the Eastern Conference and I think this is a team that has a great young core that could compete for multiple championships. We play to run the fast break a lot and slow it down if we can't get on the break.

A look at the roster:

3rd year PG Jrue Holiday is everything I could hope for in a PG. He's got good size at 6'4 180. He's developed a very nice outside shot. He has good speed and he's a very good passer. He's also an important part of our elite perimeter defense. In 21 games this year, he is averaging career highs with 11.3 ppg, 7.8 apg, and 2.1 spg in 21 games. He's rated 79 overall.

Evan Turner showed huge growth after a very solid rookie year and is now one of the top 10 shooting guards in the league. His great outside shot is making for some easy assists for Holiday. He is 6'7 205 and has terrific handles, a great shot, and a good inside game. I think he's going to end up one of the top players in the game. Rated 84 already. He's averaging 19.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, and 3.5 apg.

Andre Iguodala is starting at SF. He's 6'6 207 and 27 years old. He is the oldest starter on the team. He's developed his outside shot this year a bit. However, his strength is his finishing around the rim. Great passer for a SF. Averaging 15.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, and 5.1 apg. Highest rated player on the team at 88.

Bernie Jefferson is an old PF for a rookie, but I loved him. The 4 year starter from Seton Hall compared to Dirk by our scouts, but I don't see it. Maybe in the future. He's got an ok outside shot, but his strengths are his defense, rebounding, and athleticism. He is a beast on the inside with tremendous quickness and dunking ability. He's 6'10 255. He's averaging 8.6 ppg and 9.1 rpg along with 0.5 bpg. Rated 77 overall.

Marreese Speights is 6'10 245 and 24 years old. He's got a nice little midrange jumper that really works well with our group. He's averaging 10.9 ppg, 6.0 rpg, and 0.8 bpg. Rated 74 overall.

Thaddeus Young is our 6th man and doing a great job of playing the 3 and the 4. Very athletic with a nice outside shot. Very good perimeter defender. Averaging 14.3 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and 1.5 spg in just 27.6 mpg. Rated 77 overall.

Elton Brand isn't happy since we dropped him from the starting rotation for Bernie. Still, he is doing ok as a role player. At 6'9 255, he can still hit the 12 foot open jumper which is valuable. He's 32 and starting to show the signs of decline. Rated 76 overall. He's averaging career lows of 8.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, and 23 mpg.

SG Michael Redd was our big offseason pickup as he signed a 2 year deal for the MLE. He started for 3 weeks while Turner was hurt and was a big help. He's 6'6 215 and 32 years old. Still a reliable outside shooter. He's averging 7.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg in 16 mpg.

PG Louis Williams is going to be hard to keep. He is very unhappy at his minutes. He's a quick good shooting PG at 6'2 175. He is demanding a trade. Still, he is a valuable backup and I may hold onto him unless I get great value. He's averaging 4.9 ppg and 1.6 apg in 12 mpg.

SF/PF Andres Nocioni is a good 3 point shooter who helps add some scoring on kickouts. He's 6'7 225 and 32 years old. He's averaging 2.6 ppg and 2.3 rpg in 9 mpg. He's rated 66 overall.

SG Jodie Meeks is 6'4 208 and 24. He isn't playing at all and will probably leave as a FA next year.

SF Jason Kapono is only playing when we need 3's badly. He's 6'8 215 and 30 years old. He is rated 56 overall. He's averaigng 1.6 ppg 3.6 mpg. He's delighted with his role.

Rookie PG Norm Baylor is 6'6 177 and is a very raw player. Our 2nd round pick might get some PT still if we trade Williams. He's rated 55 overall and unhappy at not playing at all.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote