View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #1158
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Two things won the game for us:

1) All of us voting for DV on day one. We wouldn't have, but Martin inexplicably put an early vote on him and couldn't move it. So PB and I took a chance early enough to avoid a pile on suspicious vote and ran with it.

2) The warlock craziness. I thought MartinD would be outed very early. You wouldn't believe how hard I was laughing when the chaos erupted at deadline two different times. What I thought was a severe drawback (a wolf who could be outed) turned into a huge benefit as villagers cannibalized each other. That was great!

I thought that I would end up having a pretty short game when I was given the warlock role, as there's no way that I can be around for evening deadlines - was fully expecting to be found out on Day 2 (with the mass tie idea - simple idea, as it would have revealed me as the warlock, and not participating looked very suspicious), and lynched on Day 3. RealDeal refusing to go along with the plan gave me an opportunity to cause a little bit of chaos (with the 'accidental' forgetting to unvote), which ended up working a lot better than I had any right to expect.

The Day 1 vote for DV was mostly based on the situation at the time - didn't want to vote for dubb (who was a couple of votes ahead at the time), and DV was the next best option if I didn't want to introduce a new candidate. I did have a thought at the back of my mind that a wolf voting for the cunning on Day 1 might end up being useful further down the line (either because it puts the cunning into the spotlight and makes it more likely that they're scanned, or because it makes me (as a wolf) look better if the cunning is lynched) - didn't expect PB or KWhit to pile on, or that this would end up making a difference further down the line.

Lathum: Thanks for running the game - was a lot of fun.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote