View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 10:20 PM   #2805
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Good win survivors. Now onto my thoughts on game balance...

* The deck is stacked way too much against the Spawn. Spawn not having secret roles combined with all the survivors having one is an easy way to finger the spawn.

* Way too many seer type roles with the doctors having a chance to scan 2 people a day. Combine that with the empaths and the guys that can act like doctors for a day and the nurse, there is no way for the spawn to make it to the end of a long game.

* It seems that the with all the bodygaurds and the brig, the spawn can't ever get the guy(or object) they need to get. This stacks the deck even further in favor of the survivors when the there are 4 or more seer actions each day, lots of bodygaurds(protecting EVERYTHING) and the important people in the brig, the spawn simply can't do anything. Hell, there is even a chance that a guy that isn't protected won't be killed/converted due to the dice role.

I may think of some other things, but this game needs to be further balanced before I play it again. It was really fun, untill me and Schmidty realized we couldn't get anything accomplished. And the only way to get the doctor was to completely out myself in the brig. Reduce the # of seers and bodygaurds and increase the chances of spawn's actions being sucessfull and the game could have easily turned out different, as it was me and Schmidty knew on night 2 we couldn't make it to the end of this game with all the seers and the bodygaurds.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote