View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #406
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
To steal a couple lines...Missouri went from 5-7 in 2012 to 12-2 last season. Doesn't seem like there should be too much concern about how it affects locker room chemistry.

And from Domonique Foxworth, head of the NFLPA...some NFL locker rooms, as currently constituted, need disrupting.
I'm not saying that they *should* think that way, I'm just suggesting that some *might*.

Some of the stuff that's coming out this morning has even me surprised.

When Name Is On The Record: "We applaud Michael Sam and look forward to him joining our progressive league!"

When Name Is Off The Record: "Our locker rooms aren't ready for this."

NFL Executives Say The League Isn't Ready For Michael Sam

As I said earlier, I would have thought that the likely media circus would be the bigger prohibiting factor. One other potential biggie for him in particular is that he's considered a 'tweener. What if it turns out he just doesn't cut it on the field? I think the fact that no one wants to be the team to cut the league's first openly gay player could also hurt his draft stock.

All that said, I think another interesting angle is that if his stock does fall significantly, will there be internal pressure for someone to draft him? The last thing the NFL wants is the inevitable spin that no one drafted him because he's openly gay. I'm very curious to see how all this plays out.