View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #407
Logan
Head Coach

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that those were your own thoughts...was just responding to that scenario.

I read the Peter King article and agree with a lot of people out there that he shouldn't have offered anonymity to those guys in the first place, but whatever. If the NFL isn't "ready", whatever the hell that means, that's a big problem that the league needs to figure out. It's not Sam's fault and he certainly doesn't need to hide anything about his life because others might have an issue. I know very little about the guy, but my bet is that, whatever shit he gets over this, he'll be able to deal with it just fine. Again, if a group of 18-22 year olds can handle this, there's no reason NFL players can't.

And I think too many are focusing on what could happen and any fallout. The NFL is about winning. They're not going to waste a valuable pick on a guy to not give him the chance to succeed, and they're not going to give him more opportunities to prove himself than he deserves just because of how it could look if he gets cut. The first time someone questions it, NFL Live can do a segment where they show him getting swallowed up by blockers or failing to make a tackle.

Last edited by Logan : 02-10-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote