View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #431
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I believe the Pats let Tebow do one media interview on his own (with a Patriots PR person still present) during his time in training camp. People forget exactly how much of a clamp the Patriots have on the media.

And I would expect whoever drafts Sam to do the same. In reading the article from outsports.com on the behind-the-scenes of his coming out, his agents made it pretty clear that he is going to be a football player, not an activist. He's not Jason Collins at the end of his career, where he has time to go to events and lead rallies. He is going to be fully focused on making a team and making an impact.

I'm sure he's going to be inundated by requests from documentary crews who want to follow him around all year. For his own benefit, he should say no, but if he says yes, it's perfectly within the power of his NFL team to say they can't tape him in practice and to do all the filming on his own time.

Is there really going to be that much demand, after the first week or so, by ESPN et al to be filming a second string guy running reps? I think this idea of a "circus" is going to prove highly overblown.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote