View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #443
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Except...the Pats cut Tebow..so they didnt have to deal with the media circus.
Not sure Donte didnt make the point for Herm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
So there it is, once you sign a "media circus" guy, then cutting him must OBVIOUSLY be because of the media circus. I don't think that logic follows at all, but that the perception is there. That if you sign media circus guy, you're stuck with him forever unless you want to be accused of cutting a guy for reasons besides football. With Tebow that didn't matter too much, but with a gay guy, I can see GMs worrying about that.

Maybe my statement read wrong. I do not think, nor did I intend to imply that the Pats cut Tebow so that they would not have to deal with the media circus. What I was trying to say, albeit poorly, was that they did in fact cut him and as a result didn't endure the media circus all season long.

In my original statement the "so" was a show of effect not a show causation...if that makes sense.

And to be fair, for all of his haters, Bellicheck does as good of a job with media control as anyone in the league. In fact I think the only one close is Sean Peyton..hmm what do they have in common. I have no doubt that NE could handle the Sams situation without it being an issue. Now drop him in the Bengals, Cowboys, Dolphins, Redskins or a few others and watch hilarity ensue.

I think its important to recognize that with Sams is going to come a human interest story. And while a large percentage (though Im not willing to concede a majority) of NFL'ers will over look sexual preference of a peer who can help them win games, I am not sure they will react equally as kindly to a GLBT lifestyle magazine coming into the locker room to do a story. We could have a whole new round of Lisa Olson controversy...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote