Head Coach

vs Valencia (MDV) (4th)
G: Abdulla Ziyazan
DC: Ahmed Waheed/Abdella Jailam/Moosa Hassan
DM: Mohamed Hassan
M: Ali Adam/Ahmed Aiman/Ibrahim Ali
AMC: Hassan Ali
S: Mohamed Farish Ibrahim/Anas Mohamed

Critical match here, as we're tied on points.

3 - Waheed plays it long into the box. Defender is there first, but his pass back to the keeper is soft and Ibrahim breaks it up, scoring his 10th goal of the season. 1-0

4 - Mohamed Hassan passes it to Ibrahim for the dribble into the box. A defender is on him and another comes over to help, but the second defender is too late to prevent the second score in 2 minutes. 2-0

20 - I need to not have Adam throw the ball in, ever. He's cost us way too many goals this season 2-1

43 - Whatever. 2-2

53 - Aiman is pulled. Mohamed Hassan moves up to MC and Irufaan comes in as the DM

54 - A hat trick given up to a dude we're all in on. Such horseshit 2-3

55 - Yamin for Waheed after they score AGAIN. 2-4

56 - Shitty cross by Adam after the isolation long ball as the defender knocks it away, but Mohamed in is position to put the rebound away anyway 3-4

I flip out after a journalist accuses me of throwing away points, so that I don't throw a water bottle at the smug jackass's head.

Ahmed Ibrahim cries out about being trained in his position, so I cut his ass. Abdulla Ziyazan and Amdaan Rasheed have a falling out, resulting in an end to tutoring. But that's okay, because Rasheed is now Spirited and his Determination moved up to a reasonable 6. He's also going to be the starter the rest of the season.

vs Maziya (4th)
G: Amdaan Rasheed
DC: Mohamed Yamin/Abdella Jailam/Moosa Hassan
AMC: Abdulla Zubair

56 - Waheed for Yamin; Visham for Adam

58 - A fucking own goal by Rasheed. JFC. 0-1

69 - Zubair kicks back to Aiman for the long ball to Mohamed in the box. Defender glided past and equalizer in 1-1

74 - Mohammed Hassan intercepts the clearance and wings out to Ali. He dribbles and runs out of bounds at the touchline, but not before crossing and allowing fresh Visham to knock in the go-ahead header! 2-1

Ahmed Aiman with a 7.7 PotM, supported by 7.4s from Ibrahim Ali and Anas Mohamed - to say nothing of Mohamed Visham's 7.2 off the bench. We were very, very lucky to win this one.

@ Hurriyya (MDV) (7th)
DC: Mohamed Yamin/Abdella Jailam/Moosa Hassan

A win here and we can guarantee staying up, which has been my goal all season anyway, crackheaded media and board expectations of a 4th place finish aside.

35 - Sigh. 0-1

42 - Another fucking corner kick given up 0-2

56 - Waheed for Yamin

60 - Serious homecooking on that bullshit PK call on Jaiman. Of course they score 0-3

We acted like we had staying up in the bag already and promptly shit the bed against a team we should have whipped.

They've been shit the last couple games, but Ali Adam and Ibrahim Ali are named to the Dhivehi Team of the Month.

@ Eagles (MDV) (7th)
DC: Ahmed Waheed/Husny Rasheed/Moosa Hassan
DM: Mohamed Irufaan
M: Mohamed Visham/Ahmed Aiman/Abdulla Ibrahim
S: Mohamed Farish Ibrahim/Hassan Athif

Juggling the lineup to try and sort out my shitty backline. Both wingers are injured so that's why they're out, and my staff tells me Irufaan and Athif are better choices, so we'll try it.

54 - Yamin for Waheed; Mohamed for Ibrahim and striker switch

74 - Visham outlets back to Aiman and takes the return pass in the box. Dribble, tap to Athif, and we break through 1-0

Solid, if unspectacular win, Mohamed Visham taking PotM honors with a 7.9. That was a key 3 points against the 7th place team, because it guaranteed we're here for another season.

vs BG Sports (8th)
M: Mohamed Visham/Ahmed Aiman/Abdulla Ibrahim

The jackass opposing manager was very dismissive of our accomplishments in avoiding relegation, so I want to send him down right here. Not that there's much to play for, really - the best we can do is 3rd place and we'll finish either 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

34 - Abdulla Ibrahim is whistled for a completely unfair penalty and of course they convert 0-1

52 - Visham for Abdulla Ibrahim; Mohamed for Athif

84 - WHEN I TELL YOU FUCKSTAINS TO WORK ON DEFENDING SET PIECES, YOU FUCKING WORK ON DEFENDING SET PIECES 0-2

vs New Radiant (1st)
M: Mohamed Visham/Ahmed Aiman/Ibrahim Ali

Do I care about this match? Not really.

13 - Irufaan to Athif to Ali diagonal, our right wing in the box, dribbling until he pops a shot in 1-0

34 - Whatever 1-1

38 - Waheed intercepts the clearance and centers to Zubair in the half-circle. Pass to Ali, and there's his second goal 2-1

47 - A ton of defenders in the area, so Zubair grounds right across the pitch to Ali. Dribble and perfect pop ball into the box for Adam to pile in an insurance goal 3-1

58 - Yamin for Moosa Hassan and Mohamed Hassan for Aiman

PotM and 9.4 for Ibrahim Ali, 7.7 for Ali Adam, and 7.4 for Hussain Athif as we just upset the titans of Maldivian soccer!!!! In doing so, we crack the door open for Victory (MDV) to win the title and snap New Radiant's 5 year stranglehold on the league. And the Red & Yellow do it, capturing both the league title and the [b]President's Cup/b] for the double!

We get our own great end season news.

Awesome.

Mohamed Farish Ibrahim wins his second straight Team Player of the Year Award, 34% to Ali Adam's 28% and Ibrahim Ali's 24%.

Our defense needs a *lot* of work. Problem is, the country is lacking in quality defenders overall.

Beautiful on the other side of the pitch. Ibrahim Ali proved worth every single dollar of that $95 P/A we paid him and then some.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote