View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #48
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
This is the way I go about it.. (windows)
1. Listen to your MP3 and decide what part of the track you want as your ringtone (30 seconds maximum). Note the play time (for example, I would like to use 0:43 to 1:05 as my ringtone).

2. Right click on the MP3 in iTunes. Select "Get Info." Select the "Options" tab. Make sure the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" boxes are checked and enter the times you have selected for your ringtone. Click "OK."

3. Right click on the MP3 again, and select "Convert Selection to AAC." iTunes will create a second track with the same title.

4. Click and Drag the new track onto your desktop. Delete the track from iTunes.

5. On your desktop, right click on the track and select "Properties." If the filename has ".m4a" at the end, just change it to ".m4r", if it just has the track name, you will need to click "Cancel," open up "My Computer," select "Tools" and then "Folder Options." From there, you will select the "View" tab and uncheck the box next to "Hide extentions for known file types." Then go back to the beginning of this step and change ".m4a" to ".m4r"

6. Now the rest is simple. Back in iTunes, go to "File">"Add File to Library." Select the track from your desktop and click "Open." This will put the track in the Ringtones section of your library.

7. Go into the iPhone section of your iTunes and your newly created ringtone should be in the ringtones section ready to be synced! It will appear where the rest of the ringtones are in your phone.

Ah didn't know about that way. That's easier then the way I was doing it.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote