BYU 14
Coordinator

TV Show – Wrestling from Florida
Monday week 1 – January 1983
Tampa, Florida
Attendance: 8,582
Rating: 0.38 (286,650 viewers)

Main Show

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Barry Windham defeated Black Bart in 7:34 by disqualification. During the match we also had Ron Bass run in and attack Barry Windham.
Performance: Black Bart C, Barry Windham C+
Rating: C

Post Match Ron Bass joins Black Bart in giving Windham a good ol’ fashioned ass whipping, prompting his Dad, Blackjack Mulligan to make the save, as two parts of The Regulators head for the cheap seats.
Mulligan came across well and Bart performed poorly

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Les Thornton drew with Mike Graham in 15:00 when the time limit expired in a match that surprised as Thornton refrained from straying outside the lines of fair play.
Performance: Mike Graham C, Les Thornton D+

Dusty Rhodes is feeling his oats and waxes poetic to the crowd as only he can "The dream, is hungry, starving if you weel, for the oh so sweet taste of competition daddy. Ric Flair!! The N-dubya-A world champeen, come to Flori-dah daddy, feed the dream!!"
This angle got the crowd hotter
Rating: B+

Kevin Sullivan walks to ring in preparation for his match "Dusty Rhodes, on and on you go, about the hunger, it grips your very soul like the icy fingers of death and drives you to call the name of man, the world champion, to come and satiate you. You don’t need to look that far to quell your thirst Dusty Rhodes. You say you need a little trouble, I ask, what better day to have a double?" Laughing maniacally Sullivan drops the microphone as Rhodes walks away puzzled.
Rating: C+

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Kevin Sullivan defeated Brian Blair in 6:11 by pinfall with a Tree of Woe, reciting strange incantations after beating him.
Performance: Sullivan B-, Blair D+

In an exceptional match, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Bob Roop in 7:46 when Bob Roop intentionally got counted out, after becoming frustrated with Mulligan constantly stifling his offense. Blackjack Mulligan makes defense number 1 of his Florida Television title.
Performance: Mulligan A, Roop C

As Mulligan celebrates his win, Bobby Duncum, Black Bart, and Ron Bass run in and attack him, delivering a vicious beating that leaves him flat on his back.
This angle got the crowd hotter, Mulligan looked good and Black Bart underperformed
Rating: C+

Show Rating: C- (Lost popularity in one region)

Notes from the Booker:
  • Black Bart and JJ Dillon are a good pairing
  • Bobby Duncum and JJ Dillon have excellent chemistry
  • Gordon Solie and Buddy Colt have good chemistry calling matches
  • The Showdown at noon storyline (Blackjack vs The Regulators) has kicked off and is rated a C
  • Mulligan shined in his match with Roop
  • The Devil and the Dream (Rhodes/Sullivan) storyline began and is rated a C
  • Drug testing was $5,000.00, but nobody came up dirty

Behind the Curtain:
  • The show appeared worse as our production values, broadcast level and music are slightly lower than at least one rival, which I assume is GCW, but I am not going to worry that.
  • Mulligan was the obvious star of the show with a stellar in ring performance against Bob Roop and was also solid in his angles.
  • Dusty Rhodes was magical as always when talking to the crowd and I will bring in NWA Champion Ric Flair to go against Rhodes in our marquee event, ‘The Superbowl of Wrestling’ later this month.
  • After the show I find out the AWA has extended an offer to Bob Orton Jr. Great, I expected this from Vince Jr. not Verne!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-16-2016 at 10:33 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote