BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – CFW Superstars on Tour
Thursday week 1 – January, 1983
Asheville, NC
Attendance: 2,000 (sell out)
Rating: N/A

Pre Show
In a decent pre-show match, Bobby Duncum won a battle royal in 17:48. The other members of the 'final four' were Barry Windham, Black Bart and Bob Roop, with Barry Windham being the final elimination. Barry Windham got the most eliminations over the course of the match.
Rating: C+

Main Show
In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Jake Roberts defeated Brian Blair in 11:22 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage after catching Blair with a low blow and a quick roll up.
Performance: Jake Roberts C, Brian Blair D-
Rating: D+

Blackjack Mulligan tears into The Regulators as a group, then addresses his opponent tonight. "Ron Bass, it’s high noon son, but for you the sun is about to set. You want to live like a cowboy, prepare to die like one…..With your boots on and mine buried in your backside!"
The angle got the crowd hotter
Rating: B

In a decent match, Kareem Muhammad and Elijah Akeem defeated Magnum T.A. and Mike Rotundo in 11:37 when Kareem Muhammad defeated Mike Rotundo by pinfall with a second Piledriver in the ring, after giving him the first on the concrete floor, as Rotundo carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.
Performance: Mike Rotundo C+, Magnum TA C-,Kareem Muhammad C-, Elijah Akeem D+
This match calmed the crowd as intended
Rating: C

A music video is shown to promote the group of Bobby Duncum, Ron Bass, Bob Orton Jr. and Black Bart prior to Orton entering the arena for his match, the crowd is indifferent.
Rating: D

In a decent match, Bob Orton Jr. defeated Hiro Matsuda in 14:48 by pinfall with a Superplex, as JJ Dillon spent the match distracting Matsuda at every opportunity.
Performance: Orton Junior B-, Matsuda D- (His whiny attitude follows him to the ring)

In a superb match, Dusty Rhodes defeated Bugsy McGraw in 7:49 by pinfall with a Bionic Elbow after a wild brawl that saw Rhodes get color and the fans on their feet while it lasted.
Performance: Rhodes A, McGraw D

Dusty Rhodes is heading back down the aisle after his match and as he reaches the stage he gets attacked by Kevin Sullivan, who came out of nowhere. Sullivan body slams ‘The American Dream’ right off the stage, through a table and onto a bunch of equipment. As Sullivan looks on sneering, eyes rolled back into his head, Dusty Rhodes is stretchered out with a neck brace on.
Rhodes looked good and the angle got the crowd hotter
Rating: B-

In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Ron Bass in 17:27 when Ron Bass was disqualified when Bobby Duncum ran in and attacked Blackjack Mulligan with a cowbell knocking him into next week.
Performance: Mulligan C+, Bass D

Show Rating: D+ (increased popularity in one region)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Bob Roop seemed off his game in the battle royal
  • Eddie Graham believes Jack Hart was wasted on drugs in the battle royal
  • The Roberts/Blair match got the show off to a good start
  • Mike Rotundo took a stunt bump in the match against Akeem and Muhammad, Oliver Humperdink was also solid at ringside in this one
  • The Orton Jr./Matsuda match got the crowd hotter, despite Matsuda mailing it in
  • McGraw and Humperdink have no chemistry, Rhodes saved the match and came out looking good (No need to tell Dusty, he will tell you)
  • Mulligan and Bass don’t click and it showed in their performance. Luckily there are three other guys in The Regulators for Mulligan to wrestle, though the match still got the crowd buzzing

Behind the Curtain:
  • Locker room incidents galore! Kevin Sullivan antagonizes JJ Dillon and they get into a fight, I warn Sullivan and he improves his behavior, and his morale is boosted as well.
  • Barry Windham gave the locker room a lift by bringing a crate of free drinks.
  • Oliver Humperdink makes a mess backstage and is brought before the wrestler’s court, where Judge Gordon Solie sentences him to buy drinks for everyone, Oliver also improves his behavior.
  • Eddie Graham was passing on tips to Bob Orton Jr. on using psychology, so overall good incidents and even the bad one has a positive outcome, hoorah! Over overall backstage rating is now 77%
  • I am a little disappointed at the overall rating, but we still gained popularity in the region so all good
  • Eddie Graham thinks I overused Brian Blair, which I take with a grain of salt since the battle royal was pre-show. Speaking of which, I will use this frequently to get inexperienced guys that aren’t on the main card some rub
  • In my post show speech I praise Dusty Rhodes (he of small ego) and compliment both Mulligan and Sullivan. All seem pleased
  • Storyline updates – The Devil and the Dream B-, Showdown at High Noon C
  • Morale issues – Eight different wrestlers are annoyed at having to work with an impaired Jack Hart and Mark Lewin is irritated I left him off the show
  • Drug testing fees are $4,000 and I order a specific test on Jack Hart for another $1,200. It shows he is a hard drug user, so I fire him. He improves his behavior, so at least he won’t be snorting coke in the unemployment line
  • Two cliques are building backstage -Bass, Mulligan and Black Bart (funny that Bass and Mulligan can’t friggin work together) and Windham, Mulligan and Rhodes
  • "Busty" Rhodes thinks Kareem Muhammad can’t work our style and I should job him out, thanks for your input Big Dust, but the book is mine now
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote