BYU 14
Coordinator

TV Show – Wrestling from Florida
Monday week 3 – January, 1983
Pensacola, Florida
Attendance: 8,150 (sell out)
Rating: 0.34 (260,690)

Pre Show
A pre-show tag to get some work for the jobbers, In a decent pre-show match, Black Bart and Ron Bass defeated Denny Brown and Magnum T.A. in 11:47 when Ron Bass defeated Denny Brown by pinfall with a Piledriver after James J. Dillon interfered and pulled Magnum TA away from the action.
Performance: Ron Bass C, Black Bart C, Magnum TA C+ Denny Brown D-
Rating: C-

Main Show
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Bob Roop drew with Les Thornton in 10:00 when the time limit expired, with both Wrestlers scoring near falls at the end and Roop appearing somewhat frustrated.
Performance: Bob Roop C-, Les Thornton D

James J. Dillon comes out smiling pompously at the hissing crowd. "You know, and don’t think I don’t. Bob Orton Jr. was set up, his words were misconstrued by those in charge and that oversight has destroyed a lot of lives. Bob Orton Jr……Well he’s gone, my family The Regulators, devastated at the loss of a brother. And last but not least, Blackjack Mulligan, your life is destroyed too and though you may not know it yet, as quick as you can say drop and give me 20, it will be. Ladies and gentlemen, The Regulators have a new brother in arms and Mulligan, you have a date with destruction, please welcome the newest member of our little family." From behind the curtain the rough hewn, skulking figure of Sergeant Slaughter appears as Dillon breaks into laughter.

Buddy Colt: "Gordon, do you know what this means?"
Gordon Solie: "Indeed"
Rating: C

In a good match, Barry Windham and Mike Graham defeated Elijah Akeem and Kareem Muhammad in 6:50 when Barry Windham defeated Elijah Akeem by pinfall with a Superplex after a wicked exchange of blows with both men mounted on the ropes. Barry Windham and Mike Graham make defense number 1 of their Florida Tag Team titles.
Performance: Windham B-, Graham D+, Muhammad C+, Akeem D+
Rating: C

Sergeant Slaughter is now at the announcing station with Gordon Solie. "Solie, you snap to attention when you see me and all of you out of shape, no spine, worthless maggots, SHUT UP!! In my world, I am not used to waiting for action, I find it and because I also give the orders, I want a match with that no good scum sucking, pile of crap Barry Windham! Now somebody better get out here double time with my contract, and that’s AN ORDER!"

I stroll casually from the back stuffing the crisp wad of newly acquired fifty and hundred dollar bills, courtesy of my new friend James J Dillon and hand the good Sergeant a contract to face Windham at The Superbowl of Wrestling.
Rating: C+

As Slaughter marches off, chin in the lead, Gordon Solie reminds the fans that Blackjack Mulligan will also be taking on Bobby Duncum at The Superbowl of Wrestling.
Rating: B-

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Kevin Sullivan defeated Hiro Matsuda in 15:25 by pinfall with a Double Stomp. Sullivan lands a few good kicks to the ribs after the pin for good measure, before facing the crowd and giving them a diabolical grin. Kevin Sullivan makes defense number 15 of his NWA Florida Heavyweight title.
Performance: Sullivan C+, Matsuda D+

Kevin Sullivan then grabs the ring mic, and calls out Dusty Rhodes. "Rhodes, you move in fear of the darkness, cower at the sight of shadows and cringe at the mere mention of me name. I own your soul Dusty Rhodes and I am calling in my debt, you have hell to pay, so come to me Dusty Rhodes!!" The American Dream appears is immediately jumped by Don Muraco, who was lying in wait to the side of the stage. They exchange blows on their way to the ring and we now have a match as Eddie Graham orders the bell to be rung.
Rating: B-

In an exceptional match, Dusty Rhodes defeated Don Muraco in 15:58 when Don Muraco was disqualified after Kevin Sullivan ran in and attacked Dusty Rhodes. It was a terrific toe to toe brawl while it lasted and Rhodes punctuated things by knocking both Muraco and Sullivan through the ropes with Bionic elbows.
Performance: Rhodes A, Muraco B
Rating: B

Show Rating: D+ (lost popularity in one region)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Denny Brown was the weak link in the pre-show tag match, Dillon and Bart had good chemistry in this one
  • Slaughter’s Armed Forces gimmick has gotten an initial rating of very good
  • Mike Graham was off his game in the tag match (Likely still sulking like a little girl over getting punished)
  • The Rhodes / Muraco match got the crowd buzzing, though it deserved better color commentary
  • The crowd was not happy as they expected more angles and interviews

Behind the Curtain:
  • Incidents, yes we have them and Brian Blair is at the center of the first again, gassing other workers in the locker room. I slap him on the wrist
  • Black Bart, Mulligan and Bass are giving Eddie Graham a hard time and things get heated. Are you kidding, you’re getting stiff with the owner? Fines all around Bart and Bass are unhappy, Eddie is happy and no reaction from Blackjack, the only smart one.
  • It just gets better, Eddie’s kid Mike is being a selfish prick in the locker room and it puts me in a corner, so I have to fine him too. It annoys him and we now have simmering tension in our relationship. Dad is boss, but I hold the book, wonder how long he wants to hold the tag straps? Our morale is now at 61% by the way, talk about toxic
  • I liked what I saw from Magnum TA, it might be time for a mini push for him
  • Muraco and Rhodes are going to be gold, but the final rating of this show is disturbing as we took a huge hit for not providing enough angles. Plus, every segment was a C- or better!! Point taken that a damn good main event and consistent show mean absolutely nothing if you don’t let Dusty Rhodes talk
  • Rhodes and Mulligan both sign with Mid South (MSW) but thankfully we come first

Superbowl of Wrestling is 5 days away and we now have our full card
Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes – The NWA World Title
Blackjack Mulligan vs. Bobby Duncum
Kevin Sullivan vs. Mike Graham – Florida Heavyweight Title
Barry Windham vs. Sgt Slaughter – Southern Heavyweight Title
Don Muraco vs. Randy Savage
Bob Roop vs. Bugsy McGraw
Soul Patrol (Akeem and Muhammad vs. Brian Blair and Scott McGhee
Magnum TA vs. Jake Roberts

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-17-2016 at 08:01 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote