BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – CFW Superstars on Tour
Thursday week 1 – February, 1983
Greensboro, NC
Attendance: 2,000 (sell out)
Rating: N/A

Pre Show
In a pre-show bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Bugsy McGraw in 7:05 by pinfall with a Lariat in a crazy brawl that gives the fans a pre-show treat. Blackjack Mulligan makes defense number 5 of his Florida Television title.
Performance: Mulligan B+, Bugsy McGraw D-
Rating: C

Main Show
In a decent match, Randy Savage and Magnum T.A. defeated Kareem Muhammad and Elijah Akeem in 10:36 when Randy Savage defeated Elijah Akeem by pinfall with a quick cradle as Akeem taunted the crowd after hitting savage with a low blow.
Performance: Savage C, Magnum C- Muhammad C, Akeem D+
Rating: C-

A video plays hyping Sgt. Slaughter vs. Barry Windham in tonight’s main event, in a rematch for the Southern Heavyweight Title
Rating: C+

Jake Roberts makes his way to the ring and has some words for Dusty Rhodes. "The American Dream. What a contradiction in terms, because you see, what manifests itself to one man as the path to Xanadu, reveals its true glory to another man. And that glory Dusty Rhodes, may be no glory at all, but instead a violent and twisted path to eternal damnation. And if you could live in my head Rhodes, you would understand why tonight, I must put you through hell!" Roberts skulks off as half the crowd wonders what the hell he just said.
Rating: D

In a decent match, Bobby Duncum defeated Brian Blair in 6:37 by pinfall with a Piledriver after literally beating him half to death in a complete squash.
Performance: Duncum C, Blair D

Dusty Rhodes appears and after basking in the crowd’s adulation, addresses Robert’s threats. "Jake Roberts, protogeee of one Kevin Sullivan. You are a twisted man and quite frankly and The American Dream will lose no sleep, no sleep at all Daddio, tryin to unnerstand, what hell you are talkin bout!! I don’t know big words, but I know big dreams baby, cuz like everyone of these good people right here, I work hard daddy to buy these cowboy boots if you weel. And The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, will be damned if you or anybody else tries to kick mud on my boots or take food outta my babies mouths!!
Rating: A*

In a decent match, Don Muraco defeated Bob Roop in 15:35 by pinfall by using a hidden foreign object to nearly crush Roop’s windpipe, covering him as he lay writhing on the mat.
Performance: Muraco C+, Roop D

Blackjack Mulligan appears and starts towards the ring, when suddenly the lights go out. When they come back on Mulligan is laying in the aisle bleeding, a dented metal chair lies next to him.
Rating: B

In an exceptional match, Dusty Rhodes defeated Jake Roberts in 10:03 when Jake Roberts intentionally got counted out after eating several straight bionic elbows from Rhodes, the last of which sent him through the ropes to the floor. Roberts leaves the ring area incensed, muttering an incomprehensible incantation.
Performance: Rhodes B+, Roberts C
Rating: B-

Blackjack Mulligan is shown backstage with his head bandaged talking to a security guard. The guard extracts the tape from a backstage security camera and hands Mulligan the tape to view.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Barry Windham in 18:26 by submission with a Cobra Clutch after JJ Dillon caught Windham in the back of the head with his shoe as Slaughter distracted the referee. Sgt. Slaughter makes defense number 1 of his NWA Southern Heavyweight title.
Performance: Slaughter B, Windham C

Show Rating: B- (We gained popularity in the Mid-Atlantic region)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Mulligan but on another strong showing in his pre-show title defense against Bugsy McGraw, and Humperdink did good work at ringside for McGraw
  • Savage/TA vs. Muhammad/Akeem get the show off to a strong start
  • Jake Roberts enjoyed the freedom to improvise, but despite that his promo sure didn’t get over
  • Rhodes once again does a masterful job of playing to his people
  • The Slaughter / Windham match get the crowd buzzing

Behind the Curtain:
  • Magnum TA and Les Thornton are this week’s guests of Gordon Solie in the wrestlers court. Magnum for moaning about stuff and Les for not picking up his share of the travel costs with his road buddies. TA gets the usual sentence for crimes of this nature, shut up and buy drinks, while Thornton is forced to cover his full travel expenses. The backstage moral is now at a stellar 49%!
  • Brian Blair suffered a cracked tailbone in his match against Bobby Duncum
  • I compliment Dusty, Mulligan and Slaughter on good performances, they all seem pleased
  • Eddie Graham thinks Roberts was high again, and Rhodes is annoyed he seemed high, so I test him and (standard test) and he comes back clean for a second straight time. So, either Graham or Rhodes is out to get Roberts, or he is masking the drugs. If it comes up again I will order a comprehensive test.
  • The show started slow, but finished strong thanks to a solid main event and Mulligan’s work in the last two angles. Pretty happy with this and the Rhodes / Sullivan feud remains strong at a B, despite the fact that they have yet to meet in an official match. This gives me high hopes for when they finally do clash
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote