BYU 14
Coordinator

TV Show – Wrestling from Florida
Monday week 2 – February, 1983
Tampa, FLA
Attendance: 5,000 (sell out)
Rating: 0.41 (307,760 viewers)

Pre Show
Our old standby, in a decent pre-show match, Blackjack Mulligan won a battle royal in 13:43. The other members of the 'final four' were Black Bart, Magnum T.A. and Kareem Muhammad, with Black Bart being the final elimination. Bob Roop got the most eliminations over the course of the match.
Rating: C-

Main Show
In a decent match, Kevin Sullivan defeated Spike Huber in 5:31 by pinfall with a Double Stomp after basically beating the hell out of him the entire match.
Performance: Sullivan B-, Huber E
Rating: D+ (Thanks Spike)

As Kevin Sullivan is leaving the arena, Dusty Rhodes is entering for his match and they come face to face. A heated exchange of words escalates into a pushing match and they square up before being pulled apart before they can make contact by Jake Roberts, Bugsy McGraw, Don Muraco, Magnum T.A., Randy Savage and Bob Roop.
Rating: C+

In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Dusty Rhodes defeated Les Thornton in 15:04 by pinfall with a vicious Bionic Elbow. Dusty then performs his stardust strut to the delight of those in attendance
Performance: Rhodes B, Thornton D-
Rating: C

Dusty Rhodes then calls on Gordon Solie and grabs a microphone. "Eddie Graham, you pull the strings, the wizard of ozzzz, if you weel. It’s time Eddie Graham, time to give the good people of Floriduh what they crave daddy! The American Dream Dusty Rhodes and the dark one, the evil midget, Kevin Sullivan. In the ring daddy, this month, Valentine Vendetta, and can the good people for Floriduh give me an amen, and a sweet baby jeezusss!" Eddie Graham appears, produces a contract and lets the crowd know they will indeed get their match, at Valentine Vendetta; Sullivan and Rhodes shall meet in the ring.
Rating: B-

Blackjack Mulligan enters as Rhodes leaves as Gordon Solie plays a video of the attack from last week in North Carolina and asks him if he had any inkling of who was behind it? "Gordon, I was able to get my hands on a video from backstage before the attack, and never, I mean never….Could I have expected what I saw when I played that video in my VHS machine."

Solie: "Well, I am sure everyone watching would love to know what exactly it was you saw."

Mulligan: "There will be a time and a place for that….And this ain’t it Gordon!" With that Mulligan leaves, as Solie ponders who the mystery attacker could be.
Rating: B-

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Don Muraco defeated Mike Rotundo in 8:15 by pinfall with a handful of tights, obviously frustrated that Rotundo had kicked out of two earlier pin attempts.
Performance: Muraco B-, Rotundo C
Rating: C

Expressing that frustration, Muraco jumps Rotundo after the bell and proceeds to add insult to injury with a thorough beatdown, leaving just before Dusty Rhodes runs out from the back.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Barry Windham defeated Ron Bass in 15:26 when Ron Bass was disqualified after James J. Dillon ran in and attacked Barry Windham with his loaded shoe, this time getting caught red handed by the referee. Blackjack Mulligan comes out, but does nothing but stare Bass and Dillon down, before leaving as his son began to regain his senses.
Performance: Windham C+, Bass C

Show Rating: C (Lost popularity in the Southeast and gained it in the Midwest)
Notes from the Booker:
  • The crowd thought the battle royal was overbooked
  • Sullivan looked good in the opener, but Huber was clearly off his game
  • Mulligan did well going off script in his promo
  • In a rare occurrence, Muraco seemed off his game tonight

Behind the Curtain:
  • What the hell, a litany of incidents to review. First off, Blackjack Mulligan is being a jerk, so I give him a stern warning, nothing of not comes from it
  • Next up Black Bart provokes Randy Savage to the point of a fight, so I fine Black Bart, which makes Savage happy
  • Then, Eddie’s son Mike Graham decides he can show up late. We already have tension, so I take the slap on the wrist approach and it produces nothing noteworthy
  • Finally Magnum TA is an hour late picking up his travel partner, I cannot confirm or deny it is Mike Graham, so Judge Gordon Solie sentences him to pay for meals for the next three shows, Magnum promises to improve. I guess the moral is, Let Gordon handle all this crap. We are now at 41% morale, great
  • Spike Huber and Les Thornton are beyond mediocre in their roles, so I start to look for their replacements
  • A less than stellar show, but it was necessary to book as I did as we build toward our big end month February card, Valentine Vendetta.
  • Don Muraco and Les Thornton request time to heal form a grueling schedule. Thornton will get plenty when I cut his ass and I will keep Muraco out of the ring next week
  • Randy Savage will be going on a tour for New Japan. Shouldn’t interfere with anything for us
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote