View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #430
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2033 NFL Amateur Draft

The Redskins start things off by going DE.

We need:

WRx2
FB
C
OT
DE
DTx2
LB (maybe 2)
CBx3

Because of how weak this draft appears to be outside of a few hitters at the top, I am enticed to package and move up. For example, according to the trade chart, I can turn a 1/30 and a 2/30 into a 1/18. I give 904 points for 900, and even if that team wanted more value the 1.19 should prove a decent enough spot.

Players begin to move off the board with rapidity. I like a DE on the board later on. And I make my move to get him. He interviewed well, and looks sexy.

Do I make a play for him?

That’s the end of the Burton era. DE is the only position with the depth and quality in this draft to make a play. None of the good players that were anywhere near me (WR, CB, ILB) made it out of the top 10. But a swap to 1/22 where DE Andres Aikman awaits is a solid play.

And that might mean good-bye Burton, but it gives me a DE for a while, assuming everything works out.

I trade:

My 1.30 and 2.30 for Seattle’s 1.22 this year and their 4th and 5th next year when I don’t have a 1st.

I grab DE Aikman

Red score in dash, blue in smarts, strength, and agility. 75 volatility, just 19% developed though.

See you near the end of the 3rd:

There are a few solid choices I like here:

FB Carter Monroe
CB Bert Harvey
OT Ted Moss

My needs are in that order.

I rank them Moss, Monroe and Harvey in ability though.

I go with need and grab Harvey.

Then I draft some need and affinities

The 3033 Jacksonville Jaguars Draft Class

1 – DE Andres Aikman, Georgia
3 – CB Bert Harvey, Louisiana-Monroe
4 – ILB Jacob Cyrus, Toledo
5 – OT Brett Lang, Arizona State
6 – DT Ryan Lang, Oregon
7 – FB Dwight Looker, Miami, FL
WR AJ Blades, Rice

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote