View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #55
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

11.1 @ Yahukimo FC(0-2-1) We had a draw and a win against them last season, and are slight underdogs on the road despite our recent form. They have a rash of injuries to contend with as well: we'll be without Ferminus again of course.

2' -- A freekick from the goalkeeper out wide is intercepted, but Sutanto can't put it on target from midfield against an open net. Gift refused.

3' -- They get a shot just inside the area, weak and right to Setia.

7' -- We lead Ewangin in at the corner of the box, but they block him off by the time he can control it. A corner gets us nothing, but we hold it in and an angled shot by Sutanto is just left, into the side.

14' -- Ewangin centers, two players open just inside the area but Sutanto takes it in rhythm and scores, top right corner! 1-0, and we look to be in control of the match once again. I pull our defense back a bit, don't want to give up anything cheap.

24' -- Saragih crosses, Yogi heads it to the middle where Ewangin is on the doorstep, and he bangs it in on the volley! Beautiful soft header on the assist, and we're up 2-0.

They disallow it though, calling Ewangin offside. I beg to differ, but they'll hear none of my objections. Back to 1-0.

37' -- We work it to Yogi, whose looper is wide right. We get it back, Yogi into the area, Ewangin looked clear but was tackled at the last moment. Sutanto retrieves it and we reset, a rare long attempt by Yarangga is nowhere close.

39' -- Cross by Ewangin, Muswanto goes to catch it but bats it up in the air, Sutanto gets there first and scores into the open net! Very similar to the one he scored against Penajam last year, they want another offside call but are turned down, and we go up a second goal for real on a gift.

HT -- Up 2-0, I change nothing and a second win on the road is within our grasp.

53' -- They get behind our defense but we converge in time and Yarangga eventually clears. They've been more aggressive trying to get back in it, and are controlling more of the play now.

We intercept a throw-in on their end, but get only a long blast by Yogi, well wide to the left.

60' -- Zyraifudin trips Sutanto, earning a yellow and a straight-on freekick for us, a little under 30 yards out. Yarangga hits a nice line drive just over the line, but it's wide right.

66' -- Bayhaqi on for Yogi. Before I can get him out though, a poor corner clearance gets him a shot from 16, right of the spot and he blasts it in the right corner of the net! 3-0!!

70' -- Muswanto kicks one from their end ... Haryanto's a little behind the defense, Setia comes out a bit, and an 18-y header is lobbed brilliantly over Setia for the score! Just a fantastic kick and header for the goal there, I can do nothing but applaud. 3-1 now.

72' -- Ningmabin on for Herlan. Once again a big play while we wait for the sub, Herlan into the area on the right side for Bayhaqi, a nice angled shot is just inside the left post and it's 4-1!!

75' -- A blast of a freekick by Yarangga nearly adds to our score, just off the mark.

85' -- A good chance for Ningmabin off a centering pass by Ewangin, just right and into the side of the net.

87' -- Muda to Sutanto who heads it middle for Ewangin, open at the edge of the area but just taps it to the keeper basically. Great passing play until an impotent finish.

90' -- Saputra feeds Sutanto who turns and blasts it in the left side from about 15y, they want offside but it clearly wasn't, their defense was late in reacting there. 5-1 for a new scoring record under my leadership here, and a hat-trick for young Sutanto!! We surrendered just 3 shots all day.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote