View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #65
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.13 -- Persemalra fire coach Aji Lestaluhu. I have a choice to make: do I apply for the job? Their financial outlook is better, they have the 8th-largest payroll in the First Division(we're 22nd), average attendance is 24th(we're 33rd, but it's a 7-fold difference, more than 1600 to 246). Chance for a fresh start when the board here won't give me a contract ...

No question we have a better team this year, and they are right in the middle of a relegation battle that I would have to win. But if I did, they have the bankroll and established standing for me to build a better squad than I can put together here.

Tempting, but too big of a risk. I stay and will keep trying to build on what we are doing here.

12.18 -- Ferminus broke a finger while catching the ball -- yes you read that right. He'll be out two months.

12.21 @ PSKT(4-4-2, 6th) Looking for a bit of payback after losing both times last year. They've got four players out hurt, but we're obviously going to be missing Ferminus. A low-scoring club but solid on defense, they are 6-4 favorites to take care of business at home. GK Fernando Pitoy was kryptonite to our finishers, and with us struggling to find the net lately that could be a bad combination.

Expert opinion picks a draw.

1' -- Freekick goes to Asso whose volley from the edge of the box easily beats Setia short-side. Disgustingly, we go down right away, 0-1. Muda will get the blame for that one.

3' -- Ewangin puts our first attempt high from outside the area.

8' -- Kombo finally clears the last of three straight corners.

13' -- Sutanto leads Ewangin into the right side, and a well-placed cross-angle shot ties the score! PSKT want an offside call but it clearly wasn't, we're tied 1-1 and have a new lease on life in this match. So much for the defensive struggle.

15' -- Good grief. Horrible coverage by Patay gives Alex too much room, and he plants one in the left corner from just inside the area. 1-2

16' -- Similar shot for Herlan to the one we scored on earlier, but it's not as good and saved by Pitoy.

27' -- Nice setup for Yogi, probably should have scored but didn't do anything with it and it's blocked out for a corner. Two corners go nowhere, though Muda should have gotten off a shot on the second one.

33' -- Ewangin crosses for Sutanto, nice play by Pitoy to tip that header out as it was well placed.

36' -- Hajiyanto should have scored a header at the other end, but puts it wide.

39' -- Ewangin goes down and he'll have to come out, Bayhaqi takes his place.

HT -- We're up 9-4 shots , 56% possession, and playing poorly in defense so we're trailing anyway. Praestyo on for Patay who has been the worst of the bunch.

47' -- Sutanto to Yogi, a lead pass that had to be right on the money. It is, and Yogi skips it past Pitoy and ties the score!! 2-2

52' -- Bayhaqi finds Sutanto all alone inside the box, but it's a sharp angle and blocked by Pitoy. If that pass was more to the middle it would have been impossible to stop him. He's called for offside anyway.

55' -- They're pushing harder at us so I switch to counter, but not before Anes comes free in the middle and puts one inside the left post. Right between Prasetyo and Muda, that was a near-perfect shot and we trail again, 2-3.

Nevermind about that guys, we need to keep trying to attack.

57' -- Herlan threads the needle between two defenders and Bayhaqi's got a step into the area, his turn to put one right where it needed to be in the left side, and we're tied up again! I do switch to counter now, our defense is far too loose to take any chances today. 3-3

58' -- Sutanto for Yogi up the left side, Pitoy comes out but he's beaten easily cross-angle! It's 4-3 now, and I can go full defensive!! Three goals in four minutes, the last two by us.

74' -- We're not giving them much of anything until Muda makes another mistake, but he gets back just in time for a sliding block, out for a corner. He also clears out a dangerous corner right in front by getting his head to it first, and we've got just 15 minutes left to kill.

79' -- Nice pass right up the seam, Sutanto to Herlan, good attempt but high. He could have put the match away right there.

84' -- Fresh legs, Oropka on for Yogi. Before he can come on ... they cross it in, deflects off Muda ... just freaking sits there in the box ... and Hajiyanto eventually hits the open net!! Disgusting, we should have cleared that ball twice. 4-4 Back to try to attack.

87' -- Herlan with a beautiful pass for Oropka, 12 yards away in tons of space, just mindlessly blasts it and a diving save by Pitoy, frustration foul to follow by Oropka. Damn it!! That should have put us back on top.

90' -- They get away with a dive and Saputra gets a yellow.

92' -- They get a corner. They get it to the short post, but we block it off and nothing is even attempted.

FT -- A wild 4-4 draw. We trail 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 on the road, rallying to take the lead and then giving up a lame late equalizer. Great fight, but it's hard not to be disappointed. Sutanto is player of the match. With our fifth match without a win(we've drawn four of them, including the last three), the fans are starting to get a bit edgy.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote