View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:32 AM   #77
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

2.6 -- Herlan has a viral infection and he's sent home to keep everyone else(hopefully) healthy. He'll be gone for three weeks. I can only hope that Patrick Adie doesn't get injured again until he comes back.

2.13 -- Adie has announced that he intends to retire at the end of the year. He won't be back here and he's 36, so it's an eminently sensible decision. It's been a tough last couple years for him with the injuries, and I'm hoping he manages to make himself one last big memory before it's out.

2.15 @ Persisko(7-5-3, 4th) The first blemish on our record was a 1-1 draw as they equalized in injury time. Neither goal was in regulation as first-half injury time was the occasion for our score by Yogi, so ... Big match here, they are slight favorites at home and after getting nothing for outshooting them 16-5 we'd like a better result.

Before the match, we learn that Kasipmabin intends to retire as well at the end of the year, which makes sense for the same reasons. Ewangin is still a couple days away and Herlan is out but we have Ferminus ready in goal and Sutanto's first game back is today as well, so we should be better than our last couple outings.

11' -- A super tackle by Muda keeps them from getting off a shot during their first rush. We're off to a better than expected start and controlling the action well overall.

14' -- Patay pokes it away at the edge of our area, but Makatindu is there and chips it into the right corner. They take the early lead on us, 0-1.

17' -- Yahukimo FC scores to go up 1-0 on Persibom. Both of us have an opportunity, if we can rally on the road.

20' -- Lovely cross from Yogi, Saputra's at the edge of the box. He waits, adjusts his camera, takes a picture ... and then it's knocked out for a corner. That should be a goal every time, he doesn't score much, but he just needed to fire it already.

We're behind and dominating possession(60% so far), so I tell them to push forward more and not be as cautious, though the line will stay deep.

25' -- Three straight corners for them are tense, but come to nothing despite being well placed.

34' -- Persibom's drawn even at 1.

37' -- They get a header in the area off a through ball, but can't control it.

39' -- Bad passes both ways on this lousy pitch, looks like ours did last year. Yogi sets up Bayhaqi for a long blast, he's been good lately but this one's just a little wide. We're more errant in midfield now so I dial back the aggression some.

HT -- One of those days so far, we've been overall better and probably a draw is the most accurate result, but they finished one of their chances and lead because of it.

51' -- More turnovers, a horribly missed header by Muda, and Makatindu has a similar look to the one he scored on before. He scores again, and we've no choice but to push forward more down 0-2.

Ningmabin comes on for Adie who isn't yet in match condition.

61' -- Fantastic header by Yogi gives Bayhaqi a chance, his shot from just inside the area is a good try but tipped wide. The corner comes to Patay at the near post but he can't get anything through traffic. Our best sequence of the match, but we get nothing from it.

69' -- We work it around for a while, almost losing it several times. Ningmabin leads Bayhaqi into the right side of the area, too far and away from the goal. He just manages to track it down, centers, and Yogi's there in front for the putaway! 1-2 now, and we're still alive though time is becoming critical.

72' -- Makatindu tracks the ball down and crosses it ... Kombo is there ... and puts it into our net!! 1-3!! You ... you moron!!! That's not what we paid the transfer fee for, pal.

I yank him on principle, Muda as well who has been a disaster.

75' -- Ningmabin to Sutanto to Bayhaqi, the triangle's executed to perfection and the first time shot leaves no time to react. Easy goal. 2-3 now, and without Kombo being a walking cluster, we'd been even.

Still, that's a great way to respond.

77' -- Novandito has a decent look at a volley, way off right. A minute later, we hear that Yahukimo has gone up on Persibom, 2-1.

84' -- Novandito gets behind us and is wide open, one-on-one with Ferminus and he's way right again. That was an absolute gift.

We come back down, possession changes hands in a midfield scramble but we get it back. Kasipmabin to Saputra up the left side, they take it away from him but he gets it back, centers to the trailer Yarangga with a blast from 25 ... blocked by somebody in the area. A scramble for it, both clubs have shots at it, then it goes to Bayhaqi about 8 yards out in front and he punches it through the bodies somehow for the score!

What an incredible game, and I'd be spitting tacks right now if I were on their sideline. We're tied at 3, less than a minute after they should have extended their lead again.

85' -- Labudda picks up a yellow. They seem to be self-destructing, I wish there was more time for us to take advantage of it.

90' -- Nice lead pass for them, Makatindu, Ferminus, and about three of our outfield players all arrive at the ball at the same time. Makatindu stops and doesn't move, he's worse for that collision. There's no call, maybe the ref didn't know what to make of it either.

93' -- We move it on but they clear out a cross and that's it.

FT -- 3-3 draw here, not what I wanted but after going down 2-0 and 3-1 we showed a lot of fight to come back. I let Muda and Kombo have it, Muda takes it well and Kombo does not.

All in all we are still in second by four points and with Persibom picking up an unusual loss to Yahukimo we're now just two behind them.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote