View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 09:02 PM   #103
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I was flying last week (via Air Transat).

Great experience, but that carry-on luggage is getting huge. 30lb hard suitcases that old ladies and scrawny dudes are trying to throw in the overhead compartments. It was pretty frightening, in the two flights, I saw several people that nearly got concussions when those large suitcases got pulled down after the flight, nearly crashing on people's heads.

If you can't lift the suitcase over your head cleanly, you should check it. Or at least ask for help.
Seriously, don't drop the weights bro.

The one time I was close to flipping out recently was when I was getting back to Charlotte on a multiple delayed flight (not uncommon for Charlotte in the summer with all the thunderstorms) at 2am and I guess the jet bridge wasn't working so they made the announcement that "it's about a foot and a half difference from the plane exit, and it would be unsafe, so please stay seated and buckled in while they fix it".... like, dude, I'll take my chances with a slightly larger than normal step, and I know we're not going to move from here anyways.

Also had the fun one where I was supposed to fly up Friday night for a lacrosse tournament on Long Island & fly back Sunday afternoon at like 5... thunderstorms happened, flight got pushed back back back and eventually they said they could fly me to Orlando mid-afternoon Saturday, then get me a hotel for the night there, and get me into NYC at 3:30 Sunday. I drove up (crashed for 30 minutes in a Jersey turnpike rest stop and made my 8am!) and the first booking agent tried arguing I shouldn't get refunded because they were getting me to my destination and delays were part of the process. I'm like what do you think I am, a drug courier?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote