View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 09:12 PM   #104
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
30lb hard suitcases that old ladies and scrawny dudes are trying to throw in the overhead compartments. It was pretty frightening, in the two flights, I saw several people that nearly got concussions when those large suitcases got pulled down after the flight, nearly crashing on people's heads. If you can't lift the suitcase over your head cleanly, you should check it. Or at least ask for help.

When you're blatantly encouraged to stuff as much in them as you can (literally three recent flights in our family where that was the advice of the airline employees) in order to keep checked bag underweight, that's gonna be a tough one.

Right down to "put your heaviest stuff in the carry-on, always" being the advice of one airline employee.

I get your point but, realistically, as long as bags are treated as ways to access passenger wallets then the majority of travelers are going to do what they're legally entitled to do to minimize that.