View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Game complexity won't be as complex as my normal large games, it will likely be comparable in complexity to barkeep's last game.

Day Cycles unless otherwise stated: 9am - 10pm EST
Night Cycles unless otherwise stated: 10pm - 9am EST

Current plan for the schedule around all of the july 4th stuff:

Plan B: (if we get enough sign ups by July 2nd)

July 2 - Roles will be sent out in the evening and Day 1 starts.
July 3 - Day 1 ends 10pm EST
July 4th/5th - Extended July 4th play. Night 1 ends 11am EST on July 4th. Day 2 ends July 5th 10pm EST
July 6th - Day 3 ends 10pm EST
July 7th/8th - Extended Weekend play. Night 3 ends Saturday noon EST, Day 4 ends Sunday 10pm EST. (Night 3 conditional orders will be encouraged for people who won't be around)
July 9th - 13th Normal Day/Night cycles

Please state in signup if you can't start play until the 5th.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorcery Hill Layout -

You are trapped within the school's great hall. The giant doors leading out are jammed shut either by something extremely heavy or some spell. Adjacent to the great hall are three other rooms that remain accessible for you, the kitchen, the library and the storeroom.

The sides -

Good - There are those of legendary heritage, a long line of wizards and sorcerors. They have come to learn how to harness their abilities fully.
Evil - A dark and sinister sect of your order has recently wanted to use your power to take control of the entire world, forsaking the guidelines passed down from generation to generation, they have once and for all decided to shut down the school and remove any who stand in their way.

Winning Condition -

Those that remain true of heart shall win by eliminating all who belong to the evil sect. Those that are evil shall win by killing off everyone who is good and shutting down the school once and for all.

Initial role PM -

Below is the initial PM sent out to all of the students of sorcery hill (Good players):

Quote:
You are a student of sorcery hill. Your family has a long line of heritage and has sworn to uphold good. You will win if you remove all of the sect members from the school. Your name is _________.

Those whom are sect members (evil players) will receive a different PM including who else is a member of the sect, the sect's winning condition (listed above), and what recipes they know at the start of the game.

Game schedule -

Unless otherwise previously stated each day cycle will run from 9am EST until 10pm EST. Any daytime activities must be submitted by 10pm EST or they will not count. Each night cycle unless otherwise previously stated will run from 10pm EST until 9am EST. The Night cycle will not be run early during this game, even if everyone has submitted night actions early.

Magical Items -

Each day many of you will "find" items or ingrediants that can be put together to form a more powerful item or potion. There will be multiple combinations possible, one of which would be a powerful new item or potion to use for good. However be warned that combining the wrong magic can be a deadly process and in doing so may actually create a tool for evil. Also there is always the possibility of the end result being useless all around.

Players will find that they need to rely on each other to combine pieces to make the more powerful potions/magical items in the game, by passing ingredients they may hold to other players they trust.

Each magical item will be made up of: 1 unfinished item, 1 potion
Each potion will be made up of: 1 beaker, 1-2 ingredient(s)

A potion can either be drunk by yourself, passed to another player or thrown at another player (smashing against them)
A magical item can either be used or passed to another player to use.
All potions are usable during the day cycle only. I will notify players when magical items can be used at their creation.

**Magical items used during the night are private and only the player whom uses the item and the player who gets the item used upon them are aware of it. (in some cases the receiving party is unaware of the action however)
**Potions used during the day are publically done with everyone being told of the action via GM's public post with results of the action.

In order to pass an ingredient, item, potion or magical item to another player, please PM with the playername and which item you wish to pass. In order to use an item either yourself or against another player, you should PM that to me as well.

For the purpose of the game, the following definitions will be used:

item = unfinished mundane, non-magical item
magical item = an enchanted item that has been created by the players by combining the proper ingredients
ingredients = normal mundane ingredients that themselves hold no magical properties, but combined together in the proper manner can create powerful potions or magical items
potions = a magical liquid that can either be drunk, used to create a magical item or used against another player by throwing.

As none of you have mastered the spells you are using, you may find many of the items, magical items, ingredients or potions to be unfamiliar for you. There might be help available for those that choose to spend their time at nights in the library looking through the ancient texts. You will decide if you wish to use an unknown magical item or potion or not wait to find out more about it.

A player with a magical item or a potion can not receive a second one until the first is either passed or used up.

List of magical items/potions/spells -

Potions:

Antidote
Silencing potion
Poison potion
silent oil
blinding potion
invisible powder
health boost
vitriol
holy water
sleeping potion
paralyze potion
Mind Control
Eternal bond potion
potion of persuasion
potion of illusion
potion of inspection

Magical items:

Poison knife
acid knife
Holy Shield
Crystal ball

Spells:

Protect
Mind Read
Death
Remove Poison
Command
Illumination

Daytime actions -

During the day you have the ability to vote for a fellow student that you do not feel is pure. The player with the most votes at the end of day risks being put to death by the student body. The student body may also choose to vote for no death, and no student will die if the majority chooses such.

To vote, simply post in the thread:

Vote Alan T

Also during the day time is when students may combine ingredients and items in order to try to create powerful magical items or potions. You may pass multiple times during the day and attempt to create a magical item or potion at any time. The person creating the magical item or potion must posess all of the ingredients to do so however.

To create a magical item or potion, send me a PM stating which ingredients/item you wish to combine and your result will be sent to you. Please keep in mind the following rules:

Each magical item will be made up of: 1 unfinished item, 1 potion
Each potion will be made up of: 1 beaker, 1-2 ingredient(s)

Night time actions -

At night time each of you may send in a PM stating which room you wish to spend the night in (The great hall, the library, the kitchen or the storeroom). The room you choose may have some effect on the type of item or ingredient you receive. Players that do not submit any selection will by default spend the night in the great hall where they can work on enhancing their abilities as well as study any magical item or potion they may have.

Also during the night time some players may have special actions or items that allow for special actions. The results of these actions will be posted at the end of the night phase. All night actions should be sent to me via PM.

Death -

Players killing another player at night time will gain all items/ingredients/potions/magical items that player may have had.

Ingredients and items of players who are killed by the daily vote will be randomly given out to those whom voted for them. Any potions or finished magical items will be given to the "deciding" vote on the player. For game purposes, the deciding vote in a 7-4 vote would be the 5th vote for that player. In addition, only the original vote for that player will count for each person when it comes to the deciding vote only. Players who unvote then revote for someone will not get a later vote in efforts to try to be the deciding vote.

Other -

I reserve the right to make modifications if needed to ensure the spirit of the game remains intact. Any rule changes or modifications would be posted for all to know.

Contacting the GM -

As normal, the standard method of contacting me to submit orders, requests or ask questions is by using the forum's PM system. However I also use AIM regularly and all questions can be asked there as well. Please do not send orders via AIM however as they could possibly be forgotten or not included. If you don't have me on your AIM list already, please drop me a PM to let me know your AIM screenname as I likely will need to add you to mine in order to receive messages from you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick cheat sheet for day/night actions -

For those that skim through the rules.. this is what you should do each day/night.

Day - Submit a vote for who you think is evil. (Post vote in thread)
Day - Have others pass you items/ingredients or you pass others items/ingredients to make more powerful potions/magical items. (Create magical items/potions or pass items/ingredients by PMing me)
Each item/ingredient can only be passed a max of 2 times each day period.

Night - Choose which room you wish to spend the night in (PM me)
Night - Use any magical items that have a special night ability attached to them (PM me)

Last edited by Alan T : 07-06-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote