View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #303
Calis
College Starter

Yeah I agree that Lesnar dominated but I still ended up disappointed. It was a good win against a decent gatekeeper in the heavyweight division. It at least gives him some cred, and I'll be anxious to see who they match him up against next. His antics pretty much assured I'll be rooting against him.

Guy has unbelievable potential though, but it'll be interesting to see how much he works on rounding out his game and what he makes of it. Last night I kept thinking he was some sort of new improved version of Dan Severn, and that's not something that excited me.

Not sure who is a good next match for him. Could they do Kongo? He's a guy who has some wins now, and I think ends up being a pretty good match-up for Lesnar. He's complete crap on the ground, and I think Lesnar could take him down before getting much damage done. I'm not sure who else is a good match for him. I still think you want to keep him away from a great Jiu-Jitsu guy like Werdum, and there's not many options out there unless they want to feed him a can.

I still think GSP's performance was more impressive though. Lesnar beat a mid-level heavyweight, and GSP dismantled one of the tops in the weight class. Props to Fitch though, man that guy took a beating and kept coming. I think he made a lot of new fans from that fight.

GSP/Penn I'll be very anxious to see. Penn had the first match in hand but as usual his cardio failed him. If he actually trains and doesn't bloat up to get to 170 it could be a very interesting fight.

I was pretty hyped for this card, the three main fights I thought all had potential to be very interesting, and all three ended up being pretty much one-sided affairs. Still a pretty fun card overall.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote