View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 01:37 PM   #106
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Ironwood Redevelopment Project (IRP) was literally a campaign promise made by the incoming mayor and he delivered, as the project is still in Phase II, but Phase I is pretty impressive. Gone are the smokestacks that pushed up against downtown and were separated from it by a highway.

Instead? One of Helensburgh's hottest new neighborhoods. I can't wait to get more into this place and finish the project. It'll be almost entirely residential/commercial, not many offices here.

Ironwood is also home to the new Helensburgh Zoo and a minor league soccer stadium.

Here you can see the separation of what I'm roughly referring to right now as East Ironwood and West Ironwood. Both have their own "parkside" areas that were industrial areas. I'd imagine both will develop into separate neighborhoods, but I have not figure out what they'd be called yet. The Ironwood name has some currency still, but there is a need to differentiate which park you're referring to, rather than just the generic "Ironwood Park"

Another area that is developing is College Park home to Helensburgh University.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote