View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #141
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The bus thing is giving me a headache, but I really want to solve this now that I can name streets/roads.

So my new redevelopment mass transit idea is focused on the METRO and bus system.

I'm going to rely fairly heavily on metro transit around the city, since that system is pretty mature and there's a decent amount of ridership. I'm going to change the bus setup to work only on major roads OR only to serve neighborhoods. So no more buses that traverse from different parts of the city, though I'll probably keep lines that go between different bus depots too.

I just need to do this in a logical way for my brain, without having to lay a ton of bus stops around the city that probably won't get used because it's clearly not working as I've got it now.

So off to attempt this, which is likely to lead to some kind of new naming/numbering system for bus/METRO in the city.

The crux of this deal is that I'd like to be able to know how to get from one part of town to another. I've only now begun to really get a sense of where the neighborhoods are and what part of town is what. But I still don't have a sense via roads and certainly not mass transit how you'd do that. Before I do ANYMORE building or development, I'd like to put this into action and then I can start figuring out what to do next.

I got the growth I wanted in spades, but I still don't have a handle on transportation besides driving which works well.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-17-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote