View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 01:31 PM   #1155
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Ehh, it seems like Clemson, then Alabama, now Ohio State also hit on an insane amount of WR talent at once. I don't think BOB would do any worse than those two if he had Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle, Smith, Metchie and Jameson Williams. Having 2 WR's that can't be covered 1v1 makes anyone look good (shoot, Clemson's offense with Lawrence was basically RPO's and throwing jump balls on the boundary to WR's who'd win most of the time), and I think Ja'Corey Brooks is that good but Burton and the rest aren't.

Plus they put up 49 at Tennessee and 31 at LSU in the losses (albeit 24 in regulation in the latter) so it seems aggressive to blame the OC for at least the first of those losses.

Your first paragraph is related to my point that there seems to be issues with either talent identification or development offensively.

I also give a lot of credit for Alabama's scoring to Young. The guy has been forced to make insane plays outside the scope of the offense to get to that scoring level. Sometimes that improvisation works against them though, like the INT in the end zone last week.

I just don't rate O'Brien anywhere near the other two. He's not elite like the previous 2 OCs. He might be the better head coach between the three though.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote