View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 12:18 AM   #498
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are still a number of dervishes, which Alzar now knows are a splinter group of evil dervish cultists. Alzar heads back, rallies his party a huge number of dervishes and even Aman Al-Rafiq joins them, and they head back in an hour and defeat the ones here. Alzar slipped back behind their defenses, cast Dispel Magic on the Glyph, and then set up defenses, and as the dervishes outside retreat in, they run into him.

Following Alzar, they move and head into the Slaver’s area, and they will end up fighting a triad of two Shadow elves and the other heir of the Sheikh, the one that was the younger of the twins, that run the Slaver’s Guild here. After defeating those three, Alzar gives some of the money to Aman for the college, and then they have gotten a few other magical items that Aman will take. One magic user, an adjunct for the slavers, got away by using Dimension Door to get above the ground, and then fled from the Oasis before a hue and cry went up.

After setting folks free, and such, the result is quite potent.

Aman and the Sheikh Kassim Arslan are completely floored by the fact that there was a Temple of Se there, a secret sect of dervishes, a slavers guild, and a prince running them, and then on top of that is one of the Gems and a scroll case secreted away by Martek!

It’s just too much to fathom right now.

Aman agrees that the handwriting is identical and cracks open the scroll case. Inside is an ancient map, one that was edited by Martek. It includes places and areas not on modern maps. It a very important document in the hunt for the last two gems. It also includes this note:

In the City of the Phoenix did I, Martek, Archmage of the land, seal up a mighty prince of the Djinn, so that in the days ahead which I do foresee, when the Evil One is loosed, the powers that be can release the Djinn and so bring balance. The path and the way I have entrusted to the Pharaohs and their wives, and each might hold a part of the key and together know when and how to unlock the power of the Djinn in the City of the Phoenix.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote