View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #26
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Vanilla WW might be the best way for me to get into this.. I'm reading old threads trying to grasp exactly how this game goes down. It looks like folks basically throw out bits of information that may or may not be true throughout the day and then people vote based on that.. And I just saw this listed as the number 2 party game on boardgamegeek, which got my interest going..

I am tentatively in, but I kind of need some clarification with regards to how this is supposed to play out since I have never played the game before. If anyone feels like PMing that to me or posting it here, that would be awesome.

Welcome aboard.

I am going to scale this back to vanilla at this point.

Basically in a vanilla game there are wolves and villagers. The wolves usually start the game out at about a 4:1 disadvantage in numbers. The wolves usually may PM each other and know who else are wolves. The villagers don't and have no PM rights.

In a basic game there may be a seer and a bodyguard on the villager's side. They are players who may perform a night action. The seer would pick a player to "scan" that night to see if they are a wolf. The bodyguard would pick a player to "protect" and if the wolves chose that player to attack that night the attack will be unsuccessful.

Each day there is a lynch vote. Everyone votes in thread who they feel is a wolf. The player with the most votes is lynched and removed from the game and we find out what role that player had.

Each night the wolves submit a player which they would like to attack. That player will be "killed" and removed from the game and any role they had will be revealed.

The bodyguard usually can't guard the same person two nights in a row. This keeps the seer from announcing themselves in thread and being protected every night so they can continue to scan and announce the results of the scan.

The wolves may also have roles within their numbers as well. There is usually a brutal wolf. That wolf may pick a player to take with them when/if they are lynched. There may also be a cunning wolf, this wolf will scan as a villager.

To win the game the villagers must eliminate all the wolves. The wolves win if they achieve a 1:1 ratio with the village.

There are many variations but that is the basic idea of the game.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote