View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #335
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I had been looking forward to tonight's episode for a long while, as the Drogo/Viserys scene is one of my favorites in the entire series. I thought they pulled it off pretty well, and enjoyed the episode quite a bit.

I have to say though, I completely and totally didn't understand the scene between Theon and what's-her-name riding the turnip cart. It seemed almost forced and out of place. It did a pretty good job of displaying Theon's character a bit, but seemed completely outside the flow of the episode tonight. Although I know this is going to sound crazy coming from the guy who was bemoaning the lack of his character development earlier in the season, I think they may be going overboard on Theon now. He's gotten an awful lot of face time/character development in the last few episodes.

Dinklage (Tyrion) as usual was phenomenal. I didn't really like Littlefinger's running commentary during the scene with Ned on the throne. I guess it was necessary to point out that the Tully symbol is a fish, but it just seemed...too heavy-handed, I guess, to be coming from the normally subtle Petyr Baelish.

As for DT linking the Q&A about the physical relationship between Dany and Drogo, that's the conclusion that my friends and I had come to regarding the relationship, and it makes a ton of sense. That being said, I think they may have missed the mark in the other direction a little, because the transition from terrified girl to someone who wants to embrace the lifestyle happens rather quickly.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote