View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #204
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Lanier Invite - Addendum

The 500 Free that Bear will be swimming is scheduled for Friday night, which means the family won't be able to attend the team practice that evening. So Coach Neil has requested that we sign Brett up for the 500 Free as well, because he doesn't want him to be completely out of the water Friday...so

Brett

500 Free - NT - Like the 1000 that Brett is schedule to do on Saturday, the 500 might actually be a strong event for Brett. He has a very long and deliberate stroke. Also because he has never been much of a kicker he typically swims a lot of laps in practice relying mostly on his upper body. I'm very intrigued by this one, more so than the 1000. I think the 1000 will be more intimidating to Brett and he won't swim it well because he'll want to make sure he doesn't overwork and have to quit before the end of the race. But in the 500 I think he fells he can swim that distance with out much concern. I still think he'll be conservative because it is his first tiime doing it, but I honestly think he could swim each fifty around 42 seconds for the entire race...I hope he pushes in this one, rather than sit back and be satisfied to just finish...

Last edited by Breeze : 02-05-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote