View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #214
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Georgia Short Course State Championships @ Georgia Tech 2/22-2/24

The meet for us starts tomorrow 2/22, with the twins swimming in the 500 Free…here is the breakdown:

Girls 10 & Under 500 Yard Freestyle

Bailey – Seeded 31st, Seed Time 7:02.67 – Bailey isn’t really thrilled about this race. She doesn’t like it very much, and if you ask me, I’d guess she’s a bit concerned that it will tax her to the point that it impacts her swims later in the weekend. If I had to guess, I’d say she’ll still go conservative here, but still post about an 8 second improvement. Most of the time drop will come from just understanding how the race works and how much effort it takes to swim it.

Boys 10 & Under 500 Yard Freestyle

Bear – Seeded 8th, Seed Time 6:36.72 – Bear has the fastest non-sectional time of anyone in this event, and he has a strong shot at remaining a top 10 finisher in the state. I’d love to say, with him only needing a half a second improvement, having been healthy for past 2 weeks (unlike the previous meet where he was still recovering from an illness), and tapering for this event, swimming in a faster pool, and having adrenalin going for the State Meet, that Bear will absolutely get the Sectional Cut, but I just can’t make that leap. Having seen how hard he pushed himself a couple weeks ago, knowing that he thought he might pass out from his effort, I’m concerned he’ll be willing to work that hard again. Don’t misunderstand – I expect him to try and get that cut, as it is the most important goal that he has in swimming right now, I’m just not sure when things start to hurt if he’ll be able to grab that little extra that he needs…

Last edited by Breeze : 02-21-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote