View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #224
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

State Meet Recap

The state meet was an emotional one for the wife and me. As you can tell from the results Bailey absolutely destroyed the meet. Personal Bests in everything, a top 10 finish, 4 additional sectional cuts, and 2 great relay swims.

Whereas, Bear continued to struggle. His just missing the Sectional Cut in the 500 free was heartbreaking for me. He was so close...and he only missed it because he tried to be too conservative up front. He remembered how tired he was after the Last Chance Meet, but he didn't recall the fact he had been sick so often prior to that meet, which made him more tired that he would normally have been. Making matters worse, one of the boys he typically beats, got the state cut by .14 seconds. Bear was very disappointed most of the weekend. He saw his sister tearing things up, and watched many of his friends that he dominated through the season pass him by. We are starting to see some good signs and I expect Bear will be turning things around soon, but it's still hard to see him so disappointed (especially, if you'll recall from the beginning of the dynasty when I talked about the kid's personalities...Bear is the softhearted, sweat kid)...

Brett was very pumped up following his race, and actually it has shown up in practice already. He had indicated he wanted to go over his long course goals with me, almost immediately following the state meet. We haven't done that yet, but it shows that he has a pretty good idea of what he wants to push for. I'm eager to see what he came up with...

Last edited by Breeze : 02-28-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote