View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #235
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
At what age would you expect Bear's times to start surpassing Bailey?

Just curious.

thealmighty - to answer your question, I figured I'd go back to the State Meet time standards and determine when the boys times start to become harder than the girls on a consistent basis. It looks like at 13 the boys times start to become harder. The times are approximately 2 seconds faster across the board. At 14 time times are 3 to 4 seconds in 100s and 4+ seconds in longer events. The disparity gets larger in the Senior (15+) age group. So I'd say at 13 or 14 we should start to see the shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Just curious, how is Brett handling being the only one of the three not competing at Sectionals? I seem to remember early in the dynasty you said he's the most passionate about swimming of the siblings.

Izulde - you remember correctly, Brett is the one that really loves the sport. He's extremely proud of his siblings, in fact, he's planning to go and watch rather than stay home with my parents. That being said there is an underlying disappointment that he's been unable to get to this level. He realized going in he wouldn't achieve a Sectional Cut time, and that Bailey and Bear were likely to get one...so knowing that ahead of time undoubtedly mitigated some of the frustration. Unfortunately for Brett, he'll age up right before the start of the next short course season, which will make his time standards significantly harder (I'll cover this more down the road)...I really feel for Brett when it come to this...

-----------------------------------------

Both great questions...let me know if you have any more...

Last edited by Breeze : 03-06-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Breeze is online now   Reply With Quote