View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #244
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Northern Divisional Meet

Bailey

Now for Bailey this meet could be huge. The top three in each event will get a medal, and you’ll see based on where she is seeded in each event, how many medals she has a shot at…

Day 1

100 IM – 4TH : 1:20.77 – Bailey didn’t swim this at the State Meet so my bet is this will definitely be a personal best, and could be a personal best by a lot. I’m just not sure if the Breast has improved enough to get her in the top 3. The girl seeded 3, has a 1:16.52. My guess is Bailey can get to a 1:18 low, but most likely she’ll need a poor swim by the 2 or 3 seed to get a medal here.

50 Free – 3RD : 30.19 – These races are so tight the slightest thing can make a huge difference. A good vs poor start can make a .3 difference in time, and with the top seed sitting at only a 29.83, Bailey could win. On the other side, a poor start or turn by Bailey and she could end up 5 or 6

50 Back– 2ND: 35.57 – If she swims close to her personal best a top 3 is almost assured. If she swims like she did at Sectionals, she might get edged out for the podium.

100 Fly – 1ST : 1:16.13 – Unless one of the other swimmers in this race has a real old time and is much faster than their seed, or unless Bailey swallows a bunch of water and has to stop, she should win this race. The girl seeded second is almost 10 full seconds slower…

Day 2

50 Breast – 7TH : 44:34 – It has been too long for me to know. I do know she said her knee hurt a bit after swimming breast at practice Thursday night, so I’m not holding my breath here. Maybe I’ll get some insight based on how her Breast looks in the IM on day 1.

100 Back – 4TH : 1:17.19 – Seeded about a second and a half off a podium spot. She could sneak in and get a medal here, but she’ll need to swim better than she did at Sectionals.

50 Fly – 1ST : 33.44 – Unlike the 100, this one could be tight. Only a .34 advantage in seed time over second. Should easily medal here though…

100 Free – 2ND : 1:07.57 – Not probably going to win the event with a top time of 1:04.46…but could hold off the challengers for second.

Bailey will certainly be on both A relays.

Quick note…this will be Bailey’s good friend Lexi’s (the one that has had the double knee surgeries on both knees in the last 2 years) last meet with us. She is moving to Arizona. Her swimming has gotten much stronger since she joined Gold and I am hopeful, she’ll be able to sneak in and get a medal somewhere. I’m also hopeful, she will be on both of Bailey’s A relay teams…
-

Last edited by Breeze : 03-22-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote