View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #527
tarcone
Coordinator

Protection from government is what the 2A is about. Thats the argument.
people want protection. I know people who keep guns, multiple guns, for protection. Its not about the robber coming in at night, its more about the breakdown of society or the guy that wants to run the nation with an iron fist.
Will it happen? probably not. But when there is no definitive answer to it, people sometimes err on the side of owning guns.

I do not own guns. I have used them and dont have problem with them. I believe in back ground checks.

But a gun is a tool. A powerful one for sure. But where is the line? What are we talking about here? Eliminating guns? More strict background checks? And what are we talking about with more strict background checks?
And who do the background checks affect? The guy who wants to lawfully own a gun or the dude who picks up a gun out of the back of a guys trunk?

This really comes down to one thing. Get rid of them or accept that there are risks when you have a culture of guns. And bad shit will happen.
And getting rid of them is the first step in allowing the government do whatever they want.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote