Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #283
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Additionally, to speed up Arkham Horror Vince/HB, etc, I really try to speed up setup and takedown by how I store the pieces for the game. For example, I sort the neighborhood color-coded adventure cards into stacks of three neighborhoods at a time (that are nearby) instead of separating them all out. People keep putting cards on the bottom until they find the right color. I put all the non-card bits into a small fishing tackle box with lots of little slots - keeps them all stored, and I don't have to worry about debagging tons of them - just flip open the box, put it next to the board, and everyone just grabs what they need. I usually put the clue tokens out on the board since those are used a lot, but the rest I just keep in the box.

Another thing you can do is buy and download the Arkham Horror aps for your iPhone. They essentially have all location decks for the main game, all expansions and the outer worlds. It cuts down the number of cards you need to shuffle and put out pretty significantly.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote