Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #148
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

This fight is scheduled for 4 rounds.

Niall Beaumont had a good round and controlled the action by moving forward and pursuing Overton. He avoided more punches than I thought that he would and landed more combos than Overton did. I would say that he won the round, but it was close.

Niall lost that round. Overton had blood streaming out of his nose, and there was some speculation that it may be broken. That could impact the outcome of the fight. Niall landed his punches in flurries and did some damage, but Overton landed more punches. I keep waiting for the big punch to come from Niall. I think that he could take Overton out.

Beaumont inflicted an enormous amout of damage and was on the verge of a TKO win. Overton landed some jabs and a couple of combos, but he took a lot of damage from Niall’s uppercuts. They were doing loads of damage. Niall still controlled the round and I think that he won this one. With Overton not doing much damage I don’t see any reason to change strategies.

Another big round for Niall. He landed a bunch of big punches and took his share his well. With :30 to go in the round Overton was on queer street. Beaumont could not find the range and end it, but Overton could not answer either. With just a few seconds to go in the fight the ref had seen enough and declared an end to the fight.

I was accurate to the way the fight was going the judges had it 2 rounds for Niall and 1 for Overton.

This was a good win for Niall Beaumont and a good win for Punishment Inc. Beaumont has won by a 4th round TKO. The first TKO of his pro career.

The World Title fights went like this:

Virgil Hill was crowned the new Light-Heavyweight champion after his 12 round unanimous decision win over Julio Perez. That was the first pro loss for the ex champ, Perez.

Damian Essett continued his total dominance over the Lightweight division with a 6th round TKO of Pedro Carrasco. Essett dominated the fight and is head and shoulders above everyone else in the lightweight division.

I managed to earn 40k by winning the bets on all three of these fights. No much, but enough to cover some training expenses. Lawrence McFarlane is training twice as hard as usual. He has a very important match to prepare for.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote