View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 09:48 PM   #1816
Edward64
Head Coach

re: Hogs targeting. Rescinded

SEC Officials rescind targeting penalty on Quincey McAdoo in second overtime of Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas - On3
Quote:
Following a review, SEC officials have decided to rescind the targeting penalty assessed against Arkansas’ bone-rattling defensive back Quincey McAdoo. He was assessed the penalty against Kansas in the second overtime of the AutoZone Liberty Bowl, and the critical penalty nearly cost Arkansas the game. McAdoo was ejected from the game and since it was in the second half, he was going to miss the first half of the Hogs’ season opener during the 2023 season.
The official announcement

Quote:
“Based on the request by the SEC, a video review of the 2nd half targeting foul committed by player #24 of Arkansas in the Liberty Bowl was initiated. Based on this review, it has been determined that the action by #24 was not Targeting and the player should not have been disqualified. The suspension for #24 for the first half of Arkansas’ next game to open the 2023 season is vacated if #24 has eligibility remaining. Please ensure that Arkansas’ next opponent is aware of this vacated suspension. Let me know if you have any questions.”

TBH, it did look at targeting to me (I had a bigger beef with the earlier fumble call against the Hogs). Not intentional as it was a secondary hit, but the helmets did hit.

Brings to question, what would have happened if Kansas won the game and this came out a day later? I know, nothing. I would like an explanation as to why/how the refs got it wrong though.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote