View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 06:32 AM   #2236
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
If the university knowingly permitted use of a university vehicle & driver to pick up players, a sort of on-call car service, then the university just handed taxpayers a helluva lot of liability. (unless every bit of that was athletic association funded with literally zero university oversight)

It really doesn't have to get to the point of who was drinking, where they were drinking, etc. Those things may have bad optics but the issue is turning into a taxi service for drunk players. (And let's face it, given the quality of dancers at Toppers or lack thereof, nobody is sitting in there sober)

Now from an athletic standpoint, there's a significant potential can of worms here. It's only been three years since the NCAA stripped Mary Hardin-Baylor of a D3 national championship because the coach loaned his 20 year old Subaru to a few players.

If THAT was impermissible, I'm pretty sure having cars & drivers on call ain't gonna fly either.
There is near zero chance that it was University funded. I'm pretty sure those staffers (recruit coordinators) are all paid by the association. The question is if these girls were assigned by the university, or were they just out partying with some players.

Also, the family has stated that they have no intention of suing the University. I'm pretty sure that whole weird fiasco with the press conference with their lawyer where the family didn't show up was because they have already settled. And the idea that taxpayers would pay anything is laughable. The football program funds have more than enough to cover any lawsuit.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-23-2023 at 06:33 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote