View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #49
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
I have a question about time in the show. Does it jump around in time, giving past events infused with present events? Or does it go linear at some point?

I'm wondering where the little girl (opening) scene fits into the time line of the first episode.

I had problems with that but my son had an easy explanation that sounded right to me. That scene occurs between him leaving the sheriff's office & finding the horse.

Remember, he takes the horse (apparently) because he's run completely out of gas for the patrol car. In the opening scene he's carrying a gas can & my son explained that this had to take place before he ran completely out, he was looking for gas because he knew he was getting low. Maybe that's not right, but I couldn't find any real flaw in his logic. And yes, I felt rather dumb to have my 12 y/o explain it to me. The purpose was strictly to set the tone for a brutal world and, perhaps, to show that our main character was equipped to deal with the new realities even if it was difficult to do.

Btw, the car he's driving is actually a GA state troopers car, only ones in the state with that color scheme. Sheriff's vehicles are uniformly brown, with the exception of unmarked & non-patrol vehicles (which are white).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-03-2010 at 07:30 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote