Head Coach

@ USL Dunkerque (9th)
G: Aubry Cabioch
D: Evan Jean-Lambert/Joris Gnagnon/Roman Laspalles
DM: Sessi D'Almeida
M: Mathis Clement/Adel Zainek/Amine Belahmeur
AMC: Yassine Benrahou/Didine Mohamed-Djouhary
S: Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo

So, sometimes in the copy/pasting I forget to change names, like last game. Sorry about that, folks. You can tell from the game writeups my error sometimes, though.

31 - Belahmeur picks up a loose ball after Mohamed-Djouhary is hammered. Lateral to Zainek despite the ref getting in the way. On to Benrahou for a pop ball into the box that Clement gets and sears a shot in. 1-0

32 - Fucking instant replies 1-1

34 - Benarhou hangs a free kick into the box that Gnagnon nods long. Belahmeur runs it down and centers to Ndongo, and I guess goal trading is a thing we're doing now. 2-1

At the half, Gnagnon moves over to DR for injured Laspalles and Goblet takes over at DC

61 - Fantastic goal-saving interception and counter attack long ball launch by Goblet. On the other end, Zainek wings out to Belahmeur for the box delivery to Mohamed-Djouhary. As the defender's closing in to wipe him out like he's been hit so many times this game, he gets revenge for the physical play by hammering in the insurance goal! 3-1

67 - Laidouni subs in for tired Zainek

Everyone except the injured Laspalles had 7.0 or better, but there were just 3 standouts: PotM Didine Mohamed-Djouhary with a 9.0, Amine Belahmeur with an 8.9, and Mathis Clement with an 8.2. Nobody else had higher than a 7.1.

We'll be without Roman Laspalles for 3 weeks, so Samuel Samoussi is going to get the call. Oh, and Malo Verbeke got injured a short while ago, too, and with how often he's been injured, I'm definitely leaning towards not offering him a guaranteed deal anytime soon.

vs US Senart-Moissy (5th)
D: Evan Jean-Lambert/Joris Gnagnon/Samuel Samoussi
AMC: Yassine Benrahou/Didine Mohamed-Djouhary
S: Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo

3 - Bad corner kick, but Ndongo gets it and kicks back to Jean-Lambert, who goes even further back to Samoussi, who is hanging around the left side of the midfield. Screaming pass connects with Belahmeur on the right side of the box, and a dribble-cross later, Clement burns three defenders en route to the quick score. 1-0

10 - Benrahou flares out to Clement for the dribble and center. Ndongo puts it away for the double. 2-0

51 - Samoussi throws in to Ndongo for the kick back to Mohamed-Djouhary. The defense is caught napping as no one expects the booming forward cross, or Clement to blow up the keeper with a fierce shot 3-0

62 - Lot of dangerous passes until Benrahou goes wide to Clement for the fierce cross to Zainek. He backheel passes to unmarked Mohamed-Djouhary, who scorches the net 4-0

64 - He looked offsides to me 4-1

79 - Goblet for Gnangon; Rosier for Mohamed-Djouhary as we sit our tired guys

Not a fan of the reactions, but this was a massive victory for us, putting us a full 5 points clear of third place. It's insane that I'm even talking about this squad as a promotion contender, but I'm thrilled that it's happening.

@ RC Lens Reserves (7th)
D: Evan Jean-Lambert/Joris Gnagnon/Samuel Samoussi
AMC: Yassine Benrahou
S: Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo/Cyrille Allard

I really, really want to beat these guys and show Karamoko Kouko he effed up by leaving us rather than committing to a contract. I would have adjusted the transfer budget to keep him here. Our old formation this go-round, due to injury and international callups.

15 - Clement to Benrahou to Allard on the edge of the box, facing a double team that includes Karamoko. He lays off to Belahmeur for the drive and slow roll shot that softly hits the net. Kouko complains that it's offsides, but everyone ignores him. 1-0

51 - Blame that one on Samoussi, who I pull a few minutes later for Goblet at DC, Gnagnon moving to DR 1-1

62 - Rosier runs on for D'Almeida

76 - Benrahou is being smothered by a defender, so he outlets to Clement, and the blasting first touch cross ends up with a streaking Belahmeur with no one on him, and we get the late score!!! Ndongo switches to the Target Man role and L'Excellent takes over at Advanced Forward, as tired Allard catches a breather 2-1

89 - Our passing has been horribly sloppy, creating tense moments. But our defense has been balla AF, and here Belahmeur laterals to Benrahou for the great space ball that Ndongo *just* beats Kouko on. Lay-in to the box, and fresh-legged L'Excellent clinches the victory!!!! 3-1

Shout out to Robin L'Excellent and Antoine Goblet for their 7.2 and 7.1 bench showings. Karaomoko Kouko had a 6.8 rating after his dominance of Ndongo in the first half went away in the second. 7 points ahead of third now, and the dream season continues. We'll still be in second and promoting no matter what happens in our next game, which marks the culmination of the first third of the season.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote