View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 12:23 AM   #2808
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm not sure what this guy is thinking. I get not wanting to put the cities/country under stay-at-home but to call it "a little flu" seems way too lackadaisical.

https://apnews.com/b21a296383694c6726d03e027134daf1
Quote:
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Even as coronavirus cases mount in Latin America’s largest nation, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has staked out the most deliberately dismissive position of any major world leader, calling the pandemic a momentary, minor problem and saying strong measures to contain it are unnecessary.

Bolsonaro says his response to the disease matches that of President Donald Trump in the U.S., but the Brazilian leader has gone further, labeling the virus as “a little flu” and saying state governors’ aggressive measures to halt the disease were crimes.

On Thursday, Bolsonaro told reporters in the capital, Brasilia, that he feels Brazilians’ natural immunity will protect the nation.

“The Brazilian needs to be studied. He doesn’t catch anything. You see a guy jumping into sewage, diving in, right? Nothing happens to him. I think a lot of people were already infected in Brazil, weeks or months ago, and they already have the antibodies that help it not proliferate,” Bolsonaro said. “I’m hopeful that’s really a reality.”

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-29-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote