View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #22
miami_fan
Coordinator

I think both signings are defensible. The Rockets now have to trust their medical staff to get him though what six more playoff wins? If they are able to do that and win a title, all of the money on the back end is worth it.

The George signing is not the problem in OKC. It is not necessarily championship worthy but Westbrook/George/Adams is a pretty good core. The corpse of Melo, that is the problem. How many 1st rounders do you attached to Melo's contract to get him the hell out of OKC?

I am interested in what the Lakers do now. I will have to go back and take a look at what the proposed deals were for George were last year. The assumption of a 2018 deal with George being inevitable so why part with anything of value to get him in a 2017 trade with the Pacers seems to have backfired. How sure are they that Kawhi is going to LA in 2019?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote