View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 05:48 PM   #497
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Race to the World Tour Finals
Two Weeks Remaining

In -- the cut line is presently at 4310, dropping just 10 pts.

Girish Girsh -- 13,710
Gustavo Caratti -- 8,310
Antonin Iglar -- 8,040
Anil Mehul-- 6,010
Mugur Kinczllers -- 5,300

No change here as the top six players all took the week off, a wise decision in most cases as they'll be looking to make a bigger splash in Paris and at the Tour Finals.

Probable

Theodore Bourdet -- 3760

Bourdet could only have improved by winning one of the 250 events, and he's banking instead on a strong showing in one of the bigger tournaments next week.

Contenders

Prakash Mooljee -- 3425
Bjorn Benda -- 3390
--------------------------------------------------------
Agustin Herrera -- 3350
Pierce Gaskell -- 3340
Davide Poilblan -- 3295

Mooljee was the big winner this week as Benda didn't make it far enough to help, and Poilblan's 5th 250 title on the year didn't improve his standing as much. Overall things tightened up even further here ... I double-checked the math and there are now five players within 130 points going for the two spots, with Bourdet even not that far ahead. For the moment, Mooljee is in and Herrera out, but it's like the weather here ... wait five minutes, it could change again.

Long Shots

Shreya Ujjaval -- 2840
Thiago Herrera -- 2785
Elias Trulsen -- 2670
Tobia Alberti -- 2445

All still on life support.

Coming Up ...

I made a potentially costly clerical error next week. Girsh, Mehul, and Mooljee are the top three seeds at the Swiss Indoors ... I'd intended to have Mehul play in Vienna. This will leave the door more open for others to do well there -- Bourdet is the top seed with Gaskell, Poilblan, Benda, and Trulsen all entered as well. Both events will have a somewhat stronger field than is typical for 500 events .. only the Herreras and Ujjaval are skipping these and putting all their eggs in the Paris basket.

Probably won't mean that much in the grand scheme of things, but Mehul could have kept Vienna out of the hands of the French. Those who do well this week will have the inside track going into Paris.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote